Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Going to Power Windows/Locks

Old 08-20-2017, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to Power Windows/Locks

I'm looking at doing power windows and locks in my 2012 four door. I'm swapping my half doors with another member on the forum so I won't need anything in the doors. I've searched the google and the forum and I haven't found the build write up I'm looking for. There's a lot of "I'm going to do this" threads with no conclusion. I'm really trying to find out if this is possible with the parts I have below and if anyone has any experience with the process.

Here is the parts list I put together (put together with help from the guys at JeepsAreUs):

• POWER WINDOW SWITCH REAR CONSOLE Part #68057597AB
  • Power Window Switch Part #68156217AC
  • POWER SWITCH BEZEL Part #1RP75DX9AC
  • Bezel-Floor Console Part #1UB68DX9AA
  • WIRING FRONT DOOR DRIVER FULL POWER 2011-2013 Part #68066013AE
  • WIRING FRONT DOOR PASSENGER FULL POWER 2011-2013 Part #68066012AE
  • JEEP WRANGLER WIRING PASSENGER REAR DOOR POWER LOCKS Part #68066032AB
  • WRANGLER REAR DOOR WIRING DRIVER SIDE POWER Part #68066033AB
As far as wiring goes I have very little idea where the four door harness tie into the rest of the Jeep. I know I can backtrack the wiring to the source, and I assume that the door harnesses just plug into a higher assembly. I'm trying to avoid any splicing if at all possible. From what I've read already I think I'm already going to have to do some basic wire stripping to wire the power window switch into the actual harness.

My last obstacle is the dealership computer reflash. I called my local dealer and the service guy had barely any idea what I was talking about (which is not that comforting). Is the reflash even a thing, or would I need to do some strange computer swap.

Thanks in advance to all who read through this mess. I appreciate it.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

I would think the fellow trading the power doors would also give you the following parts and you would give him the fill items from your dash? (different colors?)

POWER WINDOW SWITCH REAR CONSOLE Part #68057597AB
Power Window Switch Part #68156217AC
POWER SWITCH BEZEL Part #1RP75DX9AC
Bezel-Floor Console Part #1UB68DX9AA
Old 08-22-2017, 07:47 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg
I would think the fellow trading the power doors would also give you the following parts and you would give him the fill items from your dash? (different colors?)
idk, if i was trading someone my doors with power windows/locks, I wouldn't pull that stuff out for them. I'd want to keep my jeep capable of that functionality in case I went back to it in the future....or even just for resale.

Quick Reply: Going to Power Windows/Locks