Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Has anyone found LED headlights that are not Super BRIGHT?

Old 03-21-2019, 02:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Has anyone found LED headlights that are not Super BRIGHT?

I am looking for led headlights that are the regular lumens/hue of the stock halogen lights. I would like to find a set that also has the RGB select-able running day lights. have you guys seen this, or does it even exist? I just really hate how bright the LED headlights are when cars are driving by me at night and I don't want to be part of the problem haha.

these are what I am considering if I cant find something better: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DCFKH82/?coliid=I1XQKQ3O26TGLL&colid=1V2F6T50WWJPC&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Old 03-21-2019, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

You want to find something with a projector or other built in cutoff. The problem I found with a lot of the LEDs is that they are marginally brighter than stock with no cutoff. The JW speakers are an example of an LED package that does have a good cutoff to avoid blinding people. I just finished an bi-xenon HID projector retrofit because I can't stand the "brightness" of the stock lights and I don't want to blind people on the road. That's actually the big reason I came in here, to see why someone might want DIMMER headlights. I appreciate that you don't want to blind people, but there are options that will offer you both a good light output and that won't blind the bejesus out of the people in front of you.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

It doesn't matter how bright the headlights are so long as they are in a factory housing with proper projection. My Truck-Lite's work just fine and don't blind anyone. I'm sure it's the same story with the JW Speaker & Pro-Comp's.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

I have the IPF set from north ridge and I'm happy. LED but not too crazy.

Quick Reply: Has anyone found LED headlights that are not Super BRIGHT?