Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Headlight upgrade - PIAA H13 Xtreme White Plus

Old 10-16-2009, 11:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Mike, I'll try it tonight after dinner with a cold IPA at my side. Sounds like a two beer job.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:29 PM
JK Newbie

Just installed new PIAA H13 Extreme White Plus bulbs, here are some pics

Old 10-26-2009, 07:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by csemaa
Guys- I just bought PIAA H13 Xtreme White Plus from a local dealer here in Ottawa, Ontario Canada for $96 CDN tax included and what a change from the stock bulb.
it is much brighter than stock, very white and for the price that i paid it is freaking good- it does the job and more.
I was reading threads over here and people keep on talking about Daniel Stern and his solution. Obviously, if you want to spend $300+ USD , you are going to get an awesome headlight upgrade but let's be real here; i want my way to be bright and i am very very pleased by PIAA H13 Xtreme White plus and i am usually very picky.

anyhow - the whole upgrade took me 30 min to do, very simple.
So save your money - trust me you will be happy
What store did you buy them from and how much each are they?
Old 11-18-2009, 12:07 PM
JK Super Freak

PIAA H13's on sale at our Lordco for $76 a pair this week.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:37 PM
JK Newbie

I tried these and didn't like. They were in my Jeep for a week before I got my HID's. If anyone wants these I'll send them to someone in the US for $45.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Whiter yes, not tons brighter. Aimed my headlights lower so my high beams aren't up in the trees any more and that seems to have done more than the new bulbs. Still have this pool of darkness in front of the jeep due to the bucket design. I guess that's what the fogs are for.

The Patriots have the exact same H13 bulb and the pattern is 100X better. My wife has people flashing the Patriot all the time while it's on low beam.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PG-JKU

Whiter yes, not tons brighter. Aimed my headlights lower so my high beams aren't up in the trees any more and that seems to have done more than the new bulbs. Still have this pool of darkness in front of the jeep due to the bucket design. I guess that's what the fogs are for.

The Patriots have the exact same H13 bulb and the pattern is 100X better. My wife has people flashing the Patriot all the time while it's on low beam.
Is the JK's Headlight Assembly the same as the Patriots? Just wondering if they're interchangeable?

Thanks!

Cheers!

BB
Old 12-06-2009, 05:51 AM
JK Super Freak

The Patriot's headlight housing is bigger and not circular or vertical since the grill has a bit of a slope to it, so it would probably look funny. I also don't know how much would be attributed to the height difference, although you'd think the higher headlights on a JK would be an advantage.

I'll take some measurements or photos.

Quick Reply: Headlight upgrade - PIAA H13 Xtreme White Plus