Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Headlights turn on when jeep is turned off

Old 04-02-2018, 08:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights turn on when jeep is turned off

I have a 2008 jku and my headlights have started turning on by them self when the jeep is turned off and parked. This leaves me with a dead battery. Anyone else ever have this issue or no what could be the fix for this? Thanks!
Old 04-02-2018, 08:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you're saying even with the headlight switch left in the "off" position, your lights are still coming on by themselves after the vehicle is powered off? Stock lights? This isn't something I've heard of myself, but I'm interested to hear what it could be.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Head lights turning on when off

I have a 2008 JK as well with the same exact issues. The issue lies within the TIPM. I replaced it with a refurbished one however, i am still having an issue with my battery charging after replacing the TIPM and Altenator. I'll post an update once i figure out the issue.

Quick Reply: Headlights turn on when jeep is turned off