Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Help need wiring a switch plzzzzz

Old 03-03-2018, 04:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help need wiring a switch plzzzzz

My 15 minute weekend project is rapidly turning into a disaster. I am trying to wire the attached photos of a switch I have as a simple on/off with illumination for some offload lites. I have done the YouTube research and see none like this one. Any help solving this would be unimaginally appreciated.

Old 03-03-2018, 07:45 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

If you don't have a volt-ohm-milliameter, then take a small battery and a couple pieces of wire and a flashlight light bulb of the correct voltage for your battery and use that to test the switch until you find the make/break circuit that you can use. Ensure that the battery lights the bulb first by wiring it directly without the switch. Then insert the switch, checking various terminals until you find what you want. DO NOT use your car battery or a large battery for this. Use a AA, AAA, D, 6V cell or similar. You don't want to start a fire. :-)
Old 03-04-2018, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Just as Mark says, a volt meter would be best or some means to test which connection does what when the switch is thrown.

That being said, from your photos it looks like a "Seachoice 11001 Illuminated Rocker Switch " .

Here is a connection diagram for it.

Quick Reply: Help need wiring a switch plzzzzz