Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

HELP!P0882 and jeep wont start

Old 09-05-2016, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default HELP!P0882 and jeep wont start

Received a hot oil message today after a cold start. Was able to limp the jeep back home while intermittently receiving the hot oil message and it not starting. Pulled code P0882.

I followed this post with no luck:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...p-mode-313304/

The hot oil message since disappeared however the battery,espbas,traction control,and engine lights are all on and the engine wont start. Battery has 12.4V and was disconnected several times. Any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited by JKJB; 09-05-2016 at 02:55 PM.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Found some posts about other people moving the transmission shifter into different positions so I tried that and it worked. Jeep started dash lights cleared, hot oil message cleared as well as the pcm code p0822. Drove it up and down the driveway in all trans positions with no problems. I then shut it down and attempted to remote start it with my compustar remote and it would not start. Looked in the window and found all the dash lights going crazy and the hot oil message flashing.

I then attempted the transmission shifter trick again but wasn't able to fix it. Will try again later or tomorrow.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok so the Jeep sat overnight. Went to start it and it started no problem,no flashing lights,no hot oil message flashing,no codes. After about 30s the same dash lights came on and the hot oil message was flashing and the engine shutdown.

I found this TSB(my jeep is a 2007):
TSB ? No Engine Crank Or No Engine Start Due To Electronic Lockup Of The WCM / SKREEM ? Project-JK.com

According to the TSB is the WCM is the problem the factory key lock/unlock buttons will not work. Mine still work during this issue as well as my power windows,all lights,fog lights,radio,etc.

I tried the trans shifter trick again, even tried pushing on it further while in park which some have had success doing but this didn't work for me.

Think I will get on the phone with compustar as my next step to see if my compustar remote starter is somehow interfering with things.

If anyone has any other suggestion please let me know, I will try anything at this point.

Thanks
Old 09-06-2016, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok so the Jeep sat overnight. Went to start it and it started no problem,no flashing lights,no hot oil message flashing,no codes. After about 30s the same dash lights came on and the hot oil message was flashing and the engine shutdown.

I found this TSB(my jeep is a 2007):
TSB ? No Engine Crank Or No Engine Start Due To Electronic Lockup Of The WCM / SKREEM ? Project-JK.com

According to the TSB is the WCM is the problem the factory key lock/unlock buttons will not work. Mine still work during this issue as well as my power windows,all lights,fog lights,radio,etc. Also tried pulling the IOD fuse but this didn't help.

I tried the trans shifter trick again, even tried pushing on it further while in park which some have had success doing but this didn't work for me.

Think I will get on the phone with compustar as my next step to see if my compustar remote starter is somehow interfering with things.

If anyone has any other suggestion please let me know, I will try anything at this point.

Thanks

Quick Reply: HELP!P0882 and jeep wont start