Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

HELP! Right Rear Driving Light, Blinker, and Right Front Amber Light Wont Turn On

Old 09-24-2010, 03:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking at the wiring diagram right now and it looks like the license plate and right driving light is on the same circuit. A 15A fuse location M18 (white wire with a violet tracer). But since you have other issues, check your TIPM (totally integrated power module). It's on the passenger side of the engine compartment. Make sure that the harness is properly secured on the module and that there are no corrosion (clean it if there is). If everything looks good you might have a bad TIPM (take this with a grain of salt as this is internet diagnosis and very difficult to find a problem when not looking at the vehicle).

If you know someone with a JK close by, do what the dealer does and try a "known good part" Meaning take their TIPM and swap it with yours and see if your lights start working.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Update:

As of right now, I got the right rear driving light working again, the license plate light working again, and the front right amber light to turn on again. The right rear blinker still does not work, neither does it work with the hazards on. The front right amber light as a turn signal works again but is twice as fast as normal, meaning it blinks at twice the pace of the left one.

What I did to fix what I have fixed.

Found a small burned area by the fuse box by M18 and cleaned it up, works okay again. Now I just need to fix my blinkers but am not sure where to start. Any advice on this part?
Old 09-24-2010, 04:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wallawallaron
Must be a broken wire. do u have power at the license plate area ? were the wire was worn.
You were closest, it was a burned wire that wasnt carrying the current right. Now I just need to fix my right blinkers
Old 09-24-2010, 04:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by So_Cal_Tay_12
Update:

As of right now, I got the right rear driving light working again, the license plate light working again, and the front right amber light to turn on again. The right rear blinker still does not work, neither does it work with the hazards on. The front right amber light as a turn signal works again but is twice as fast as normal, meaning it blinks at twice the pace of the left one.

What I did to fix what I have fixed.

Found a small burned area by the fuse box by M18 and cleaned it up, works okay again. Now I just need to fix my blinkers but am not sure where to start. Any advice on this part?
Fast blinker means a bad bulb or open circuit. You getting power to that bulb?
Old 09-24-2010, 09:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by thrshr01
Fast blinker means a bad bulb or open circuit. You getting power to that bulb?
Yeah the front amber works and stays on solid when I turn the lights on, it just blinks faster than normal when I use the right turn signal. As a hazard light it blinks normal and in unison with the left one. The right rear blinker does not work as a hazard, does not work as a blinker, and does not blink when unlocking the car. Ill replace the right rear blinker light, you think that it would cause the front amber blinker to blink faster?
Old 09-24-2010, 09:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default HELP! Right Rear Driving Light, Blinker, and Right Front Amber Light Wont Turn On

Yeah the front amber works and stays on solid when I turn the lights on, it just blinks faster than normal when I use the right turn signal. As a hazard light it blinks normal and in unison with the left one. The right rear blinker does not work as a hazard, does not work as a blinker, and does not blink when unlocking the car. Ill replace the right rear blinker light, you think that it would cause the front amber blinker to blink faster?
I had the same problem with my right rear, it wouldn't work as a brake light, or a blinker. It would randomly stop working, and when I start looking at the wires I could never replicate the problems and it would start working again. It's been okay the last couple of weeks, but it might do it again later... Anyways as far as your front blinker going twice as fast mine did the same thing. I wouldn't worry about it, it should go back to normal when you get the rear blinker working again. Im pretty sure it has something to do with it not lighting up the back blinker so it just shoots the electricity right back to the front blinker, but I could be completely wrong. Either way, every time my back blinker works the front one is fine, and when the back one goes out the front one goes twice as fast.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by terribad16
I had the same problem with my right rear, it wouldn't work as a brake light, or a blinker. It would randomly stop working, and when I start looking at the wires I could never replicate the problems and it would start working again. It's been okay the last couple of weeks, but it might do it again later... Anyways as far as your front blinker going twice as fast mine did the same thing. I wouldn't worry about it, it should go back to normal when you get the rear blinker working again. Im pretty sure it has something to do with it not lighting up the back blinker so it just shoots the electricity right back to the front blinker, but I could be completely wrong. Either way, every time my back blinker works the front one is fine, and when the back one goes out the front one goes twice as fast.
Well I replaced the back housing and all is good again, so hopefully it stays that way for me
Old 09-25-2010, 01:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default HELP! Right Rear Driving Light, Blinker, and Right Front Amber Light Wont Turn On

Well I replaced the back housing and all is good again, so hopefully it stays that way for me
Good to hear you got it fixed!
Old 09-25-2010, 01:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by terribad16
Good to hear you got it fixed!
Yeah I was getting worried about getting a ticket, i cant afford that right now, yesterday was a close call, I had a cop follow me a good 4 blocks all the way to my house, thought for sure I was screwed
Old 09-25-2010, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Way to go.... did u replace bulb first and then replace housing?

Quick Reply: HELP! Right Rear Driving Light, Blinker, and Right Front Amber Light Wont Turn On