Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Help with song titles with Mgig Gracenotes

Old 12-11-2007, 01:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with song titles with Mgig Gracenotes

Hey all,

I thought I would ask a question of my brother JKers. I've got the sweet Mygig and been loving it. When I first started copying CDs to the hard drive I got the full album name and all the names of the songs. However, as of late (the last 4 or 5 CDs) I don't get all the info, just untitled and the date it was copied. It's a real pain since you can't tell what the music is. I'm wondering if it is because the CDs are copy protected, or if there is something wrong with the Gracenotes software? Anyone else having this problem or could shed some light on a solution?
Old 12-12-2007, 12:06 PM
JK Newbie

No one has any thoughts? How about at least anyone weighing in on whether they have this problem also? I'm wondering if this is just a Mygig thing or if I really have a problem. THANKS!
Old 12-12-2007, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Are the CDs that you're having a problem with new releases? If so, then their information won't be in the Gracenote DB that's loaded with MyGig.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:47 PM
JK Newbie

Well, this is interesting. I guess I thought that the system read the information off the CD disk and that is how the information came up. If it is accurate that there is a data base that the Mygig Gracenotes has to access? If so, then some of the CDs I'm listening to are not "main stream", so maby that is the problem? Any more thoughts?
Old 12-13-2007, 12:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am experiancing the same thing. It is obvious that untill an update of the Gracenote Database is made available for the MyGig, the new releases will be "Unknown".

Chrysler really has no obvious MyGig user software support online, this is a huge dissappointment for me and an oversight on chryslers behalf. The MyGig can be a much bigger deal for Chrysler if they were only ready for there own product. I feel the rushed into this.

Anyway....I get around the label issue by ripping the CD's to my computer via windows media player, downloading album data for free, then transfering the album to a USB thumb-drive and finally to the Mygig via the USB......All song information will be displayed.

Best we can do untill chrysler sorts themselves out and gets their act together.

Cheers
Old 12-13-2007, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

All right! Finally some good information about my problem! Thanks Matt! I'll try and do the same thing. I can't believe more of us with the Mygig haven't complained about this problem!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I only own 8 CDs, 4 of which are a Johnny Cash box set, Legend. The others are older and in the system already, Metallica, Jack Johnson, Beasties and Nine Inch Nails.

Haven't bought a CD in a loooong time...lol
Old 12-15-2007, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

Well, now I just need to figure out how to update the Gracenotes!
Old 12-16-2007, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

For everyones information, I've emailed Gracenotes to find out if there is any kind of update for the Mygig system. We'll see what happens and I'll keep you posted.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

Question

On this note, I have ripped 13gigs of music from my CD collection and uploaded it to the MyGIG.

The problem is when you play an album on the MyGIG it plays it in alphabetical order, not track number order is there away to fix this other than making a play list for every album?

Quick Reply: Help with song titles with Mgig Gracenotes