JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/)
-   -   Here we Go! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/here-we-go-196956/)

mlax 09-22-2011 04:26 PM

Here we Go!

5 Attachment(s)
Just got everything in to start the new lights. Man this is going to be fun. Hella Balck Magic 1000's on the bumper, 500's on the window mounts, KC rear back up ights, and LED rock lights. I will keep a phot log of what it takes. I couldn't have gotten this far with out the help of people on this forum. So thanks to everyone who has had a hand in getting htis going. I am guessing this is going to take several days!Attachment 214340Attachment 214341Attachment 214343Attachment 214344Attachment 214345

mlax 09-22-2011 04:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Forgot to add the pic of the wireing stuffAttachment 214350Attachment 214351Attachment 214350Attachment 214351

BStelling 09-22-2011 04:37 PM

The lights look great! Although all that wiring looks like a nightmare :eek2: probably not as bad as it looks though. Good luck :thumbsup:

rterese12 09-22-2011 04:41 PM

So is that some kind of a multiple fuse box thing that you will run all your lights through... how does it work? thanks

mlax 09-22-2011 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by rterese12 (Post 2548476)
So is that some kind of a multiple fuse box thing that you will run all your lights through... how does it work? thanks

Yes. After a long search on here I found several people using this. Now I am no expert in this I had a lot of help from JK Ford. The way it works is you can install your relays and fuses in a water proof box and power the whole thing from the battery instead of using your existing jeep circiuts. The cost of the relay/fuse box was only about $30. It's all the other stuff that adds up. I ordered a few special tools for crimping and soldering the wires but what you see cost about 400 bucks. The place a bought it from sells in bulk so you may be able to find it cheaper. I will porbally use 30 connections but they sell in lots of 100. Bought it all from Waytecwire.com

rterese12 09-22-2011 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by mlax (Post 2548524)
Yes. After a long search on here I found several people using this. Now I am no expert in this I had a lot of help from JK Ford. The way it works is you can install your relays and fuses in a water proof box and power the whole thing from the battery instead of using your existing jeep circiuts. The cost of the relay/fuse box was only about $30. It's all the other stuff that adds up. I ordered a few special tools for crimping and soldering the wires but what you see cost about 400 bucks. The place a bought it from sells in bulk so you may be able to find it cheaper. I will porbally use 30 connections but they sell in lots of 100. Bought it all from Waytecwire.com

Thanks for the reply I'm going to have to look into one of those cause I have 8 lights and there are just to many wires running to the battery. If I understand you correctly that will fix that problem.

I planned and rewiring all my lights anyway.. color coordinating everything and soldering all the connectors perfect time to put that in there

Where did you get it from?

mlax 09-22-2011 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by rterese12 (Post 2548576)
Thanks for the reply I'm going to have to look into one of those cause I have 8 lights and there are just to many wires running to the battery. If I understand you correctly that will fix that problem.

I planned and rewiring all my lights anyway.. color coordinating everything and soldering all the connectors perfect time to put that in there

Where did you get it from?

Waytecwire.com

They have everything you need to do this and then some. Give me a few days and when I post pics I will provide a list and stock numbers of what I used. I am expecting this to take me about 20hrs to complete.

rterese12 09-22-2011 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by mlax (Post 2548626)
Waytecwire.com

They have everything you need to do this and then some. Give me a few days and when I post pics I will provide a list and stock numbers of what I used. I am expecting this to take me about 20hrs to complete.

Cool thanks Bud wish I lived closer where I could come over and give you a hand to see the whole process in person cause I'm no electrician

mlax 09-22-2011 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by rterese12 (Post 2548631)
Cool thanks Bud wish I lived closer where I could come over and give you a hand to see the whole process in person cause I'm no electrician

Don't tell anyone but neither am I. I asked a lot of questions and got several responses from members here. This is a great place for answers.

rterese12 09-22-2011 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by mlax (Post 2548674)
Don't tell anyone but neither am I. I asked a lot of questions and got several responses from members here. This is a great place for answers.

yeah I spend more time reading other post and rarely post up myself