Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Hi i Need a little help with my stock radio jk Sahara 2012

Old 08-23-2016, 07:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi i Need a little help with my stock radio jk Sahara 2012

My radio seems to work fine but doesn't have sound on FM and AM , it works perfect on satellite , cd and Bluetooth . But on fm and am looks like normal but no sound , it can seek for signal , find an station , show it FM station but no sound at all .
I check the antenna looks fine and it's weird that it shows the station so the signal should be working fine , I unplug the battery for a couple of minutes and all its the same .
I don't know if just buy a replacement on the Internet or go to the dealer to get my $ stolen . I'm concern if I buy a new one ending up with the same problem and two radios . Any idea ? speakers work with satellite radio , antenna seems to be fine because it shows the stations .
Please if you have an idea let me know thanks very much
Old 10-09-2016, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Have you found a solution to this. Mine is doing the exact same thing you described.
Old 10-10-2016, 05:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bad1chad
Have you found a solution to this. Mine is doing the exact same thing you described.
No . It's funny sometimes work sometime not . In waiting to take it to the dealer for a recall and ask them to take all my $ . But if I found a nice system on the 500's I will just replace it .
Last time I was at the dealer they charge me 250$ to replace a "bad electronic BS take my money Sh..t breaker" . when it was a loose battery connector . It was just a loose screw and I had to do it myself .

Quick Reply: Hi i Need a little help with my stock radio jk Sahara 2012