Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

High beam trigger led bulbs

Old 02-07-2019, 04:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High beam trigger led bulbs

Hi. I have led bulbs with h13 decoders. Trying to find a trigger for aux lights. If i take it from the headlights (before or after the decoder) i get relay chatter (not good). Any ideas?
Old 02-14-2019, 10:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I’m not 100% certain but maybe an anti flicker harness before your relay coil would smooth out the pulsed signal from the headlights and eliminate the chatter.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

There's a fix for this. I've been working on HID headlights and people use a capacitor/diode solution to "smooth out" the headlight signal. There's a good thread on another forum about it though I don't know the rules about linking it here. I'd say if you search for JK headlight harness how-to, you'll probably find some good advice. Funny thing, I rigged a relay up for the HIDs using the stock headlight circuit as a trigger and had no chatter. I wonder why some have it and some don't..

Quick Reply: High beam trigger led bulbs