Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

I love LOVE my Sirius/XM radio!

Old 01-02-2010, 06:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I love LOVE my Sirius/XM radio!

My wife got me satelite radio for Christmas. I hard wired the power to the battery, ran the power wire through the dash and attached it to the Daystar panel. Ran the antenna through the firewall and attached it to the hood just in front of the wipers.

I got the onyX radio from Walmart for $60 and the mostly music subscription for $10 a month. Since I'm not into sports or talk radio, it suits me perfectly.

My favorite channels are Hair Nation, The Boneyard and 80s on 8. This along with my iPod... I will never listen to regular radio again. In fact as soon as I get another Trail Rated badge, I'm removing my stock radio antenna.

I know others complain about the signal cutting out... but even in my garage I still get signal, it only cuts out a little. Never while I'm driving, even when going through underpasses.

I love it!

Old 01-03-2010, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks great
Old 01-03-2010, 10:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wonder if the new units are just made better than the older ones.

I had an original Sony unit for my car and living room (it was cool, there were two different 'docks' one stuck to the dash and could tilt, the other was hard plastic for a table, two antennas, hardwiring option for the car and an A/C adaptor for the house, while the actual radio itself slid out of the dock so you only had to pay 1 subscription). It would go out when it was cloudy. It would go out when it was rainy. It would go out when I was under an overpass. It would go out when a dragonfly landed on the antenna!

After a couple years I didn't bother renewing my subscription, and I subsequently threw it away.
i haven't even bothered to activate the Sirius in my Jeep, I figured it would be just as bad in the woods...
Old 01-04-2010, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I love the satellite radio as well. Great for long road trips. Don't have to worry about losing signals. As for reception, I can not pick it up inside my garage.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I love my satellite radio as well and never listen to over the air radio anymore. I placed my antenna on the top of the sound bar so it is not on the hood.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:30 AM
JK Freak

i got a sirius 55$ gift card.. and i already have serious.. so if you wanna buy it. your more than welcome haha
Old 01-04-2010, 11:10 AM
JK Newbie

We got the MyGig with our Jeep and we love it. Just bought a lifetime script. We do lose the signal in some areas of city, generally tunnels and gas stations of all places. We have never had trouble in the trees though. The further from cities we get the better the signal gets.

Leslie
Old 01-04-2010, 06:32 PM
RAM
JK Newbie

I use sirius radio via factory radio. Got a one year free from dealer and purchased another 3years. My favorites are Octane, Liquid metal, Lithium, etc.

The only thing is I have to turn it up and when I switch to disc the disc is much louder.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by haiku
We got the MyGig with our Jeep and we love it. Just bought a lifetime script. We do lose the signal in some areas of city, generally tunnels and gas stations of all places. We have never had trouble in the trees though. The further from cities we get the better the signal gets.

Leslie
Hey Leslie...how much did your lifetime script run? I was under the impression they didn't offer that anymore. I bought my Sirius lifetime script like 4 years ago for $500.

Quick Reply: I love LOVE my Sirius/XM radio!