Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Infinity Sound System Connections in Jeep with No Infinity System

Old 03-20-2011, 11:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Infinity Sound System Connections in Jeep with No Infinity System

Question for anybody who DOES NOT have the Infinty sound System or even anyone who may know the answer lol

I removed the complete infinity system from my jeep (deck,amp,speakers,sub) is the wiring and connection preinstalled in all jeep jk's to hook them up ? or is it a harness that needs to be added? Chrysler has no idea nor go they show a part number for it ?

example: Put Infinity Sound System in a jeep that came with No Infinity Sound System ? is it plug and play ? are there Amp connection under your Steering wheel? or even a Sub Plug hidden in back somewhere?

thanks guys
Old 03-20-2011, 04:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm, I can't answer your question but, while digging in the back of my '09
JK (non infinity) one day I did find a harness in the rear near the rr wheel well under the carpet. I think it's pre ran for the sub, I posted a inquiry on here with a pic and didn't get any for sure replies. It doesn't seem to have any power running to though.
I know this does little to help you but it is what it is. I would be surprised if it is all plug and play, be curious to find out.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm ?? Guess im going to have to find me a X Unlimited somewhere and do some exploring .. curious to see if there are 2 Gray plugs under the dash beside the steering wheel (where the amp would be) up and to the right back by the fire wall that are not connected to anything?

As for the one you found in the rear right with no power - there wouldnt be power there as the are audio wires probaly for the oem sub? Interesting

Quick Reply: Infinity Sound System Connections in Jeep with No Infinity System