Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Infinity Stereo Problem

Old 12-03-2017, 02:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infinity Stereo Problem

Hey'

My 2008 Sahara JKU has the Infinity stereo with subwoofer. I have a loud popping sound when listening to music (bass mostly) and suspect the amplifier is bad, since it affects all of the speakers, but noticeably worse in the sound bar (temporarily installed new speakers, no change) Where do they mount the amplifier at, and does anyone know what they cost? Any suggestions?

Pete

P.S. Otherwise I'm looking at an Alpine double-din deck, front 7" rounds with remote tweeter, 6 1/2 round in the bar (Kenwood Excelon) and a Alpine deck with separate amp for the existing sub. But stuff isn't cheap these days.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey

A little update; stopped at the dealer and found the amplifier P/N: 05064140AG is located under the steering column area of the dash. He said it's normally $225.00 but he has 3 on backorder with no tentative delivery date and didn't know if they are actually available anymore for all intents and purposes. Next, I will see if anyone makes a connector that can used with an aftermarket amp and installed using existing vehicle wiring before I do a full gut job and go full aftermarket stereo.

Pete
Old 12-07-2017, 05:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the update, I still have my stock infinity system, but seem to remember Crutchfield having adapter kits for keeping parts of the original system.

It might be the radio also and not the amp.

Quick Reply: Infinity Stereo Problem