Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Infinity System Popping Noise - New Speaker Fix?

Old 02-18-2012, 09:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Buzzzzzzzz!!! Another wrong answer!!!

P.S. Sorry, I'm not trying to be rude or disresptful, because it's obvious you're trying to just be helpful. But what you're describing is not what is going on in this scenario and I rather not see others trying to diagnose their speakers when the speakers are not the source of the problem.
Unfortunately yes you are being rude but that's OK opinions are like assholes every ones got one , most factory system are way under powered and are not designed to be cranked for long periods of time , most times distortion damage occurs from under powered over cranked system, This will be the cause of most popping / scratchy issues, did the popping noise coming from all speaker or just one, I was answering more then one qustion , if is only one then chances are its the speaker and its damaged, factory systems usually have crappy power supplies grounding, by adding additional grounding or even better power cable to the factory amp and deck can also help fix with popping noise from a factory system. Bass = CURRANT have you ever seen an after market amp being fed 18 gauge wire , I have seen this as-well thought I would mention it , one last thing every problem can be fixed , but before it can some times you need to try different things to get results that work

Last edited by JeeP_MarK; 02-19-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by JeeP_MarK
Unfortunately yes you are being rude but that's OK opinions are like assholes every ones got one , most factory system are way under powered and are not designed to be cranked for long periods of time , most times distortion damage occurs from under powered over cranked system,

{edited}

You have some serious problems with your thought process and seem to try to speak about things that you know NOTHING about.

You're right....people should be filing their voice coils since the things you described are normally caused by having an out of round voice coil on a speaker and have NOTHING to do with driving a speaker too loud. Ignorance is bliss and you are filled with blissfulness. Please carry on.

Just tell me one thing. How many factory audio systems have you designed to be able to support ANYTHING that you mentioned with some actual facts or supporting data?

Last edited by Rednroll; 02-19-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rednroll
{edited}

You have some serious problems with your thought process and seem to try to speak about things that you know NOTHING about.

You're right....people should be filing their voice coils since the things you described are normally caused by having an out of round voice coil on a speaker and have NOTHING to do with driving a speaker too loud. Ignorance is bliss and you are filled with blissfulness. Please carry on.

Just tell me one thing. How many factory audio systems have you designed to be able to support ANYTHING that you mentioned with some actual facts or supporting data?
Wow your to much
How does it feel to be the only one right on this forum?
When I first tried to help out on the thread i didn't realize it was going to be a pissing contest
so all I have to say is you win your bigger Dick then I am
Old 02-19-2012, 08:30 PM
JK Newbie

ok... back on topic now.

try this: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...y-sound-system!!!

All it takes is to remove the screws in the bass box and switch the plugs on the speaker then re-install. Its the cheapest test to see if this works for you like it did me. Report back if you can.

Good luck!
Old 02-20-2012, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I guess you guys with the big dicks didn't see my post.

I replaced the entire Infinity sound system. JVC HU, JL amp/components/ sub. When I play CD's it's like being in the studio. When I play music through my phone(blutooth streaming) some songs pop, some are over driven, some are clear. I've tried lowering the volume on the cell phone and it helped a little but pops still happen.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:00 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks

Hey All,

THanks for your input on this.
After reading through the comments I figured simply updating the speakers would be the safest option.

I brought the TSB to my local dealer and $100.00 later all fixed.
I would recommend doing this first and upgrading later.

Thanks!
http://project-jk.com/images/tsb/TSB_08-030-07.pdf

Quick Reply: Infinity System Popping Noise - New Speaker Fix?