Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Installing factory power inverter possible?

Old 01-22-2018, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Installing factory power inverter possible?

I have a 2017 JKU Sport and I didn't get the factory power inverter option. I've read on here that its just OK for power, you can get more with an external inverter...I agree but love how nice and neat the factory one looks and I would like to add it to my Jeep. Is this possible?

I found online you can order the Mopar power inverter and the plastic part that holds it in place in your center console. I'd also need a newer Front switch panel that has the on/off switch for the inverter.

I guess my main question is if the wiring for the inverter is already to go? I'd have to take apart my center console to find out myself but wondering if someone has already done this. If it has a harness already then I'd think you just need to plug in the inverter, get the switch installed and be ready to go. Plus install a fuse in the fuse block for it of course.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:07 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,824 Likes on 1,594 Posts

What do you see yourself running off that? My issue would be it's not any better than a $15 portable that sits in your cupholder when necessary....you just can't power much off of it for the cost, time, and effort to install. I have a sport as well, so I know where you're coming from. The only time I've ever needed one, and why I have a little external one, is to blow up an air mattress every now and then while camping. I just store it in my console, so it's easily accessible.

I would add.....I just had my entire console torn apart while bedlining. There was no extra (unused) wiring harness that you could simply plug that in to. If you're jeep didn't come with it, I'd suspect you're gonna have to tap the power from elsewhere on your own.

Last edited by resharp001; 01-22-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Installing factory power inverter possible?