JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/)
-   -   iphone songs playing to fast on mygig, why? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/iphone-songs-playing-fast-mygig-why-148892/)

Dlampe 10-23-2010 08:05 PM

iphone songs playing to fast on mygig, why?

Yesterday I discovered that on my 2011 I could play streaming audio from my phone and it worked pretty good. I went home and bought a few driving songs and tried to do it today and all the songs are playing at a super fast speed. I works on the iphone just not through the mygig. I did an update on the phone when I bought the songs on itunes to version 4.1 from version 3.1 something. Any advice would be helpful.

(thought I read about someone else having this problem but I couldn't find thread)

RPO_Z06 10-23-2010 08:11 PM

Mine does the same thing, sometimes.. if I turn everything off and start over it works fine.
I haven't found out what causes it to act like that but I would like to know if anyone has a solution, I grew out of listening to the Chipmunks a long time ago.

Fenrir 10-23-2010 08:11 PM

I have no clue how the iphone works with the My Gig, but I had an issue with songs playing too fast from the iphone being connected to the stock radio via a Aux jack.

The culprit was the Aux cable. It wasn't connecting right and it seems that the iphone can sense when it is connected to it. It would "freak out" and play songs too fast and even skip songs until I bought a new cable. Since then, no more issues.

jwsjeep 10-24-2010 03:43 AM

How are you connecting to the mygig

Zroe 10-24-2010 03:58 AM

This same thing happens on my 2011 Rubi and iPhone 4 version 4.01. I haven't found a fix yet. Instead, I just plug it up via the usb in the center console, and that works better anyway. Lets you see all the artists and songs and shit on the screen.

Dlampe 10-24-2010 05:13 AM

I was connecting with the blue tooth. If I turn it all off and then back on, it seems to work but I can't see the songs. It will play the next song but I can't sort by artist or anything. As soon as I touch the phone it goes crazy. I need to use the phone to find the songs i want to hear and that's with it screws up. I will try the cable today and see if that works any better. The crappy thing is that it worked before I updated the phone!

Dlampe 10-24-2010 06:50 PM

I tried to use the USB port you talked about and it can't find the files! It used to work. I don't know, this is way over my tech level!

RPO_Z06 10-24-2010 06:54 PM

I used the USB in the console today and it works fine but its slow, it takes a while for it to update and find everything, its much faster via bluetooth but its not very solid.

Dlampe 10-25-2010 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by RPO_Z06 (Post 1907625)
I used the USB in the console today and it works fine but its slow, it takes a while for it to update and find everything, its much faster via blue tooth but its not very solid.

My iphone is not working when connected so I loaded 2 more ipod touch's into the system and none will work with the cable. Interesting thing is when the phone is in "sleep" mode with a black screen, it will work with the blue tooth but the rhythm is a little off but not super fast. If I touch the phone, we go into fast forward mode! I am going to call Chrysler tomorrow and see what is going on. I paid a good chunk of dough for this rig and I just expected it to work.

greasyspider 10-26-2010 03:50 AM

There is a small button on the now playing screen of the iphone that usually says "1x". It is really easy to hit that button and make it "2x" or "3x" with out noticing, I've done that before....