Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

JK TIPM Problem Solved!

Old 12-13-2018, 03:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ex10gsh
I installed the TIPM this morning and also had several lights stay on the first time. I followed the procedures stated above to reprogram it again. The second time all the lights with the exception of the Airbag Light went out. I've repeated the steps 4 additional times and the Airbag Light still won't go out. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
i had the same problem. Do you find solutions? Thanks
Old 12-15-2018, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

I've had no luck clearing my TIPM problems further than the reset. I've also discovered that control of the heater is hit and miss. Sometimes I can get the vets to work correctly and sometimes not.

I'm about to bight the bullet and purchase a new TIPM from the dealer to clear the faults. There are several revisions to the TIPM through the years that are all supposed to be compatible with my 2013.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:19 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by rkogden
<snip> I'm about to bight the bullet and purchase a new TIPM from the dealer to clear the faults. There are several revisions to the TIPM through the years that are all supposed to be compatible with my 2013. </snip>
If I did the search right, the latest part number is 68105503AD (2013 JK), the original may have an AA or AB suffix. Might be able to get a better deal from your local dealer if you search for a Mopar parts retailer online, then show them the price.

Edit: 68244883AA may be the newest, and most expensive! Check by entering the vin number to verify it's the right one. TY17 is a 5% discount code for moparwholsaleparts .

Last edited by Mr.T; 12-15-2018 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Added Edit: ...
Old 12-16-2018, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 77 Likes on 71 Posts

Replace the TIPM yourself. I tried to hold out for as long as I could and the behaviors started getting weirder and worse.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ochoa1801
I have the same problems. Do you find solutions?
Unfortunately, it took four months for a dealer to fly in Jeep "experts" and replace the dash, in-dash sensor, replace the complete TIPM and the central computer for the Jeep to run without any hiccups. Thank God for warranties!
The following users liked this post:
RonR66 (08-28-2020)
Old 08-28-2020, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

I wish! It’s going to cost!
Old 09-22-2021, 07:52 AM
JK Newbie

Default Same Problem

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
I had a weird electrical issue today. Turn the key on and the wipers come on / stay on, nothing else to the left of the radio works (dash lights, odometer, speedo, turn signals, lights, horn ect)
Disconnected the + battery cable, reconnected and back to normal. Is this a TIPM issue?
Hi there - I'm having these issues currently and had to get my 2009 Jeep Wrangler towed to a repair shop. They say it is a TIPM problem. Did you end up replacing the TIPM and did it fix your issues?
Old 10-05-2021, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

Hi, do you still have that connection at Jeep ? Looks like my TIPM got water and the dealer is asking a lot of money for a new one.
Old 06-08-2022, 10:52 AM
JK Newbie

Hey all, the above is awesome and very helpful, especially the procedure to code the new one. Unfortunately, this did not fix mine. However a YouTube channel I watch recently went through a step-by-step for everything TIPM related and that did solve my issue, so I thought I'd post it here to help others. I know this is an old post but its the top result when you search TIPM issues, so I'm sure plenty of people are seeing it. Cheers! Here's the video:
Old 08-12-2022, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

Default 2008 Wrangler 4dr X

All of a sudden my windshield wipers came on headlights came on and couldnt turn them off. I started and it was running rough and I'm pretty sure its the computer which I have to replace. I then pulled the TIPM then disconnected the battery first disconnected the the positive at the TIPM them removed all of the clips carefully clean the TIPM then put it back, hooked everything else back up properly in the right steps. And now I have no power whatsoever. Anybody have any ideas? HELP

Quick Reply: JK TIPM Problem Solved!