Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

JKU Overhead Amp Install?

Old 07-22-2018, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKU Overhead Amp Install?

I have an 07 JKU with the bestop fastback soft top on. Been considering adding an amp and upgrading speakers (as i have them from previous vehicles). Being that I have the fastback top where the backseat is always covered because only the rear windows zip out and the front seat area of the top flips back...the rear seat coverage is always there and is as topless as that top gets without tools.

Anyways, my question is: Would it be feasible to fab up a shelf or molle rack to span from the speaker bar to the rear cage over the back seat to install an amp in the head room between my soft top and taking up no more head room than flush with the inside of the speaker bar?

I think my only issue would be heat (sun on black top) but it would probably be the safest spot for dryness. i dont lose under the seat storage and can still fold my backseats flat for hauling.

Thoughts?

Quick Reply: JKU Overhead Amp Install?