JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/)
-   -   JW Speaker Headlights (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/jw-speaker-headlights-245299/)

Muneblade 08-23-2012 04:04 PM

JW Speaker Headlights

I just won a pair of JW Speaker 8700 evolution headlights. Anyone running these out there? How do you like them? I am trying to decide if I should keep them or use them. Leaning towards use.

texascodmw3 08-23-2012 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Muneblade (Post 3176765)
I just won a pair of JW Speaker 8700 evolution headlights. Anyone running these out there? How do you like them? I am trying to decide if I should keep them or use them. Leaning towards use.

I hear they suck so I think you should box them up and ship them somewhere fast. I'll dispose of them for you :cool:

Seriously, I've heard good things. Try 'em! Since you got them for free, you are already past the hard part of turning loose of that much jack.

DeathJeep420 08-25-2012 09:47 PM

I just bought them a week go and love them. the wiring adapter kit comes with them and they are very bright. The high beams seem a little weak but i will barely ever use them so it is no big deal to me.

btz 08-26-2012 04:04 AM

The harness to run them straight to the battery comes with them?

DeathJeep420 08-27-2012 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by btz (Post 3180163)
The harness to run them straight to the battery comes with them?

My set came with the harness but it is to make a plug and play connection. They don't hook up directly to the battery.

JW Speaker 8700 7" Round LED Headlight Review and Demonstration - YouTube

This is a nice demonstration of them on youtube.

BStelling 08-27-2012 09:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
You won one hell of a deal! I would definitely put them in ASAP. The differences between the stock halogen lights and these are two different worlds. I will agree that the high beams are pretty much useless, although the stock output is so good that you should rarely have to use them. What you should expect for light output...the brighter of the two is with a pair of rigid duallys on the bumper.

Attachment 359182Attachment 359183

Muneblade 09-06-2012 12:39 PM

They were on back order but finally received them yesterday. Will be installing them this weekend. I'll post some pic's when it is complete.

Muneblade 09-06-2012 12:40 PM

BStelling: I meant to ask, why are the high beams useless? Not that i use my high beams today.

LMT Rubi 09-06-2012 01:12 PM

I have them and totally love them! Best mod I ever did to my JK.

DeathJeep420 09-06-2012 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Muneblade
BStelling: I meant to ask, why are the high beams useless? Not that i use my high beams today.

I feel they are useless only due to the fact that the lows are so bright that you would assume the high beams would be like daylight lol and in all honesty they shoot a longer beam but seem weak in the end.