Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

KC lights help

Old 10-02-2016, 04:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KC lights help

Hello everyone,

I'm a new member and this is my first post on here. I've recently purchased 4 KC lights (used) Apollo pro series. The lights seemed to be almost new condition. When I did the whole harness set, everything was great and working fine till i tried to connect the lights... BOOM lights not working... none of the four lights did work. Althought I'm an engineer I was thinking maybe I messed up the wires so I hooked them directly to the battery still nothing... The bulbs seem fine so does the wires. What do you think the issue could be from. I'm doing the troubleshooting step by step but I don't know where could it be coming from. Please help!! Thanks
Old 10-02-2016, 04:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Did the harness come with the lights? Is there a relay in the harness? Do you know how many amps the lights draw? Are you looking to run all 4 lights off one switch?

With a little more information there are many here that can walk you through the install.

And welcome!
Old 10-02-2016, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

haha thanks! hmm the problem is that the lights aren't working (No crelation to the harness or the wiring kit). when I connect them straight to the battery they aren't working. So did the seller scam me or could there be a misunderstanding?
Old 10-02-2016, 04:39 PM
JK Junkie

Well if you're connecting them properly to the battery and they're not working then yes it sounds like the lights are bad. If they're LED lights then the are polarity specific, meaning if you hook the wires up backwards they won't work.
Old 10-02-2016, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

What's your location in VA, this could be a quick and easy wire fix. You've checked the fuse to make sure it's not blown, right?
Old 10-02-2016, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

Northern Virginia. Usually around Fairfax & Manassas. I do believe that it's either the wires that connect to the lights are bad or its the bulbs. I'd really appreciate if you help me troubleshoot
Old 10-02-2016, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Do you have two different colored wires going into the lights or does one of them have a black stripe? Any chance you've got a multimeter to check for resistance or continuity?? The multimeter would quickly tell you if you've got good or bad bulbs.

Unfortunately I'm a solid 4 hours south but there is a fantastic group at Novajeepers dot com. They're all up in your area and they'd be able to help out on more than just lights.
Old 10-02-2016, 07:11 PM
JK Newbie

The wires are red and black. Supposedly red is the positive (where it goes to battery ) and black is ground... But still nothing what so ever. I'm gonna try the multimeter tomorrow. maybe go to Autozone or Advance n buy one. I'll also check that website. Thanks again!
Old 10-03-2016, 02:53 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by total2010
Supposedly red is the positive (where it goes to battery ) and black is ground.

Did you try reversing the wires?
Old 10-03-2016, 03:26 PM
JK Newbie

So an update. I took them to the shop today. The lights are working just fine. The problem is from the battery itself, when I connect the lights to the battery nothing seems to work. anybody had that issue before?

Quick Reply: KC lights help