Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

KC lights not compatible with battery?

Old 10-04-2016, 02:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KC lights not compatible with battery?

SO I found out eventually that my KC lights are working just find so is the wiring set (Harness). However, everytime I try to wire the lights whether from the harness or directly from the battery they don't work. I'm really confused why's that not working. Although they worked fine when I tried them at the shop. Did anyone ever have the same problem? Please help!
Old 10-04-2016, 04:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by total2010
SO I found out eventually that my KC lights are working just find so is the wiring set (Harness). However, everytime I try to wire the lights whether from the harness or directly from the battery they don't work. I'm really confused why's that not working. Although they worked fine when I tried them at the shop. Did anyone ever have the same problem? Please help!
Well a few questions I have..

one what kind of switch, and do you have a relay added inline with lights.. ?

Next is this a JK or something else?

If Jk you will need a Fuse Block or some type of terminal housing.. DONE NOT CUT INTO YOUR WIRING ON A JK !!!
Old 10-04-2016, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

It won't be that the battery and connections aren't "compatible", it is more likely a bad ground since you're sure the lights are good and you're not indicating any issues with the jeep running.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

You can do what I did ,

Next or around battery if a JK is a ground bolt, ground lights on this, next use an inline fuse 30 amp or what switch is rated at from battery bolt or alternate post if you have one.

next get or use the relay to 3 way switch hot side, next on switch center post of switch will be light indicator that run to hot side of battery with 5 amp fuse too , next if you look at door and under dash you will see another ground bolt, on switch run a wire from ground side of switch to this ground bolt .. your lights will work anytime you want then to..

if you choose to have then work only when key is on this is a completely different write up, and not a good Idea!
Old 10-04-2016, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

I'll give it a try tomorrow. It could be a bad ground or maybe the battery terminals are not good. I honestly have no clue and it's driving me crazy. Thanks for all the tips. I'll let you guys know how it goes tomorrow
Old 10-05-2016, 06:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you talking about KC headlights or KC off-road lights and are they LED or halogen?
Old 10-05-2016, 01:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

, everytime I try to wire the lights ..... directly from the battery they don't work. !
This cannot be true. Let us know more details. A non-led light will power on when connected to positive and negative of the battery.

Do you have LED lights ? If so, they MUST be connected ONLY one way.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:44 PM
JK Newbie

They're the halogen ones. They work on any battery except for mine. However, I don't have any heavy load on my battery. Could it be that my battery is too weak to power them or what? It's really driving me crazy haha
Old 10-05-2016, 05:31 PM
JK Newbie

Alright so I found out where the problem was coming from. The whole problem was basically that the body wasn't providing enough ground so I had to intact the ground to the battery ground so they work. Thanks a lot everyone!

Quick Reply: KC lights not compatible with battery?