Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

leave lighting or upgrade!?!?

Old 10-11-2016, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leave lighting or upgrade!?!?

thinking of upgrading all my KC lights to LED's. Right now the 6" puts off a white light, while the smaller ones put of a yellow tint light and the differences drive me nuts! Do you guys think an LED light bar or 3" LED cube lights would look ok if I have the round lights also? or should i replace them all? decisions decisions...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2557.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	658722Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2561.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	658723Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2567.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	658724
Old 10-11-2016, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Those lights are far more effective in inclement weather exactly as they are. If that's when you use them, leave them alone. LED is good but it's no standard halogen when it comes to rain, fog, snow, etc.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Those lights are far more effective in inclement weather exactly as they are. If that's when you use them, leave them alone. LED is good but it's no standard halogen when it comes to rain, fog, snow, etc.
I like to use them whenever I need them whether it be weather, night riding, or just need extra light real quick in the garage. I'm mainly looking at switching to LED due to the less power draw those have vs the regular halogen's. I also think that the cubes and LED bars look a little lower profile.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

LED is a great way to irritate people on a night ride and as I mentioned, far inferior for weather situations. If you just want them for being lower profile and draw on the battery then you've got your answer.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
LED is a great way to irritate people on a night ride and as I mentioned, far inferior for weather situations. If you just want them for being lower profile and draw on the battery then you've got your answer.
Yeah, I'll probably end up keeping my two KC spotlights on my front bumper and LED the rest. I found a guy nearby that wants to straight up trade my light bar for his 50" and my windshield lights for his 4 4" led cubes.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:34 PM
Former Vendor

Here's a thought... are those KC lights using regular style bulbs? Why not throw some LED bulbs in there? We sell a fantastic LED Conversion Kit. So if they use say a H4 style bulb or ya know something along those lines, you could swap them out for LEDs. You'd need to figure out a way to mount the ballast/wire it, but that's not too difficult. Then you have 6000 lumens of raw LED goodness coming out of those KC. How F---ing awesome would that be!

If you know the bulb size, check out the LED Conversion Kits here: XHP Series (6000 Lumen) CREE LED Headlight Conversion Kit - 4x4TruckLEDs.com
Old 10-13-2016, 05:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDs.com
Here's a thought... are those KC lights using regular style bulbs? Why not throw some LED bulbs in there? We sell a fantastic LED Conversion Kit. So if they use say a H4 style bulb or ya know something along those lines, you could swap them out for LEDs. You'd need to figure out a way to mount the ballast/wire it, but that's not too difficult. Then you have 6000 lumens of raw LED goodness coming out of those KC. How F---ing awesome would that be! If you know the bulb size, check out the LED Conversion Kits here: XHP Series (6000 Lumen) CREE LED Headlight Conversion Kit - 4x4TruckLEDs.com
Yeah it would be great, but could you imagine $140 for each pair of kcs he has? What does he have, like 5 pair? That's a lot of $$. Lol.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:13 AM
JK Newbie

what a waste
Old 10-13-2016, 05:14 AM
JK Newbie

got lockers?
Old 10-13-2016, 05:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Carbon
got lockers?
What's a waste? Going to LED's? I don't have lockers yet. I'm not even sure I'll ever get lockers based on my use now I've never needed them, yet that is. If I do get them it'll happen when I go to 35's and re-gear and do the axle reinforcement for that weak D30.

Quick Reply: leave lighting or upgrade!?!?