Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

LED headlights flickering, do I need/what kit do I need?

Old 02-11-2017, 11:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED headlights flickering, do I need/what kit do I need?

I have a 2007 JK Unlimited Sahara. I got some of the VisionX LED headlights (7" Vortex JK Jeep LED Headlight Kit - Vision X USA), and have been disappointed with their performance. The salesman told me since I had an 07 I shouldn't need and anti-flicker kit, but there is definitely a flickering issue. I'm also hoping it would fix the performance of the lights, as the high beams are almost useless as they are. There is a kit offered on the site, but I don't know which one I need. Any suggestions or recommendations? Thanks.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

some people have had similar issues due to the PWM not liking leds and not allowing full power or causing a flickering. some people have been lucky and the antiflicker dongles were enough to fix the issue while others have had to install a standalone harness for the headlight to make them work properly.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:46 AM
JK Super Freak

I have a 07 JKU and had to install the anti-flicker accessory when I replaced the OEM lights by the LED Trucklites.

There was a flicker before I installed the accessory so yours might be experiencing the same issue. Did you contact the manufacturer?
Old 02-13-2017, 01:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sahara_Maverick
I have a 07 JKU and had to install the anti-flicker accessory when I replaced the OEM lights by the LED Trucklites.

There was a flicker before I installed the accessory so yours might be experiencing the same issue. Did you contact the manufacturer?
I haven't, no. Do you know which system you got the kit for (hi-4, delphi, canbus etc?)
Old 02-14-2017, 05:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by blackmage
I haven't, no. Do you know which system you got the kit for (hi-4, delphi, canbus etc?)
Jeeps use canbus. Nevertheless, I installed Trucklite's own accessory, which is designed for their own headlights and Jeeps. They sell it as an option for their LED headlights. I guess because some people do not care about it.

The flickering in my Jeep wasn't that bad. I only noticed it when stopping behind other cars, like in a stop light. It wasn't noticeable while driving.

One remark about the Trucklite kit. It adds a lag to blinking the high-beams. Meaning it takes around a second for the high-beams to turn off after I let the control lever go. It does not sound like a lot but one second can be quite a bit of time if we want to quickly blink the high-beams.

Quick Reply: LED headlights flickering, do I need/what kit do I need?