Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

LED light bar mounting issue

Old 06-27-2018, 06:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED light bar mounting issue

Okay guys I bought a 52” curved led bar for my 2015 jk and windshield mounts for it. I bought them cheap off eBay and the light bars span is about 3” short from mount to mount. The only thing I can think of is getting longer screws and rubber spacers to make up the difference. Anyone got any other ideas or had this issue before?
Old 06-27-2018, 06:13 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,586 Posts

Agree on just getting some longer screws. I'd use a metal spacer/sleeve to take up the gap, with washers on either side. Rubber would compress too easily. I've had to do this with a cheap light in the past, and it wasn't a big deal. It doesn't look silly or anything like that.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Agree on just getting some longer screws. I'd use a metal spacer/sleeve to take up the gap, with washers on either side. Rubber would compress too easily. I've had to do this with a cheap light in the past, and it wasn't a big deal. It doesn't look silly or anything like that.

I’ve had it up once before by bending the brackets that came with the light to make up the difference and hook to the other mounts at the same time but they actually snapped off while driving so that’s out of the question. I didnt think about them compressing but that’s a good point. I’ll see what I can come up with this weekend.

Quick Reply: LED light bar mounting issue