Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Lightforce, Bracket, awesome OTRATTW switches and cheap lock nut solution

Old 06-22-2012, 05:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lightforce, Bracket, awesome OTRATTW switches and cheap lock nut solution

I've been around the forum for a while without posting too much.

I've finally installed good lights to compensate for the really bad stock headlamps.

So here it is:
  • (2) LightForce 170
  • (2) Auxiliary Light Bracket
  • Custom OTRATTW switches mounted on Rugged Ridge A Pillar Pod
  • Cheap security nuts for securing the expensive lights

Here's the overall look of my setup.

Close-up of the bracket

The lights are wired with a three way switch so that they can be turned ON while the high beams are ON, always OFF or manually turned ON when the ignition is ON. The switch is custom made by OTRATTW to be horizontal. They also display as red when the lights are on.

Ignition OFF - Jeep Parking Lights OFF

Ignition OFF - Jeep Parking Lights ON

Ignition ON - Jeep Parking Lights ON - High Beams ON - Switch in High Beam Follow-up Mode

Notice the custom garage door switch. It is a momentary switch, pressing left opens the left garage and pressing right opens the right garage, all while the ignition is ON.

The guys at OTRATTW were great to create the switches I wanted and help me decide which switch was the appropriate one.

Finally, I found some security nuts that are cheap and useful. Only drawback is that I had to make a bulk order, so I have a couple nuts left. I will probably post them FS when I get enough posts so reduce my loss on the order.

Here's the principle behind the security nuts.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the garage door switch

Quick Reply: Lightforce, Bracket, awesome OTRATTW switches and cheap lock nut solution