Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

LUX Rock Lights Installation?

Old 10-03-2015, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LUX Rock Lights Installation?

how does everyone like their LUX rock lights are they easy to install and do you need the installation package if you don't have the SPOD. are you able to swap the switch out for a rocker switch so I can put it on the open slot near my locker button? if so how would I do that. me and electrical don't mix hahah
Old 10-04-2015, 06:18 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like mine. Of course, I hooked them directly to my SPOD so all I had to do was stick them where I wanted them, run all the wires up to the SPOD and reduce the 12 runs of wiring down to 2 (1 positive, 1 negative). They look awesome. If you're going to use the install kit, then you would need to run the switch to a power source in your fuse panel and do the same thing... reduce your wire runs down to 2 wires. Doesn't seem difficult... just a little time consuming.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:47 PM
JK Newbie

The install kit makes it fairly easy if you don't have a sPod, and you do have a place for the rocker switch. The "open" slot you reference probably isn't, if it is on the center console. Those switches are all on one circuit board, making adding a switch almost impossible.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think ill be picking me up a set of these as well. Theres an install video on youtube, but its for hooking up to an SPOD.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
I like mine. Of course, I hooked them directly to my SPOD so all I had to do was stick them where I wanted them, run all the wires up to the SPOD and reduce the 12 runs of wiring down to 2 (1 positive, 1 negative). They look awesome. If you're going to use the install kit, then you would need to run the switch to a power source in your fuse panel and do the same thing... reduce your wire runs down to 2 wires. Doesn't seem difficult... just a little time consuming.
How much are spod and how easy are they to install where do you have yours mounted
Old 10-05-2015, 07:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love mine, they are nice and bright and if you leave a little slack you can adjust them to your liking more easily. I have mine hooked up to my Switch-pro and it works great.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:08 PM
JK Junkie

All you with 4 door jeeps....... Where are you putting the lights on your jeep? Wheel wells? bumpers? Where else? Thx
Old 10-06-2015, 06:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
All you with 4 door jeeps....... Where are you putting the lights on your jeep? Wheel wells? bumpers? Where else? Thx
I bought the 8 pack so....
1 in each wheel well
1 under the frame under the middle of F\R doors (1 each side)
1 under front middle bumper
1 over rear axle on cross member frame
Old 10-06-2015, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do you have any pics ?
Old 10-06-2015, 08:01 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jchappies

I bought the 8 pack so....
1 in each wheel well
1 under the frame under the middle of F\R doors (1 each side)
1 under front middle bumper
1 over rear axle on cross member frame
Ok thanks I was debating on the 12 pack but with the weak Canadian dollar it was way too much........ YES DO YOU HAVE ANY PICS AT NIGHT LIT UP? Thx

Quick Reply: LUX Rock Lights Installation?