Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Making the 2015+ floor sub work in a 2012 JK

Old 08-04-2018, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladimer
I've found about 0 info in this online, not even threads of people asking so if anyone can point me somewhere that would be great.

I have a 2012 and I took my rear sub out awhile back to get the most space and use out of my drawers. Sounds been rather empty so was planning to get a sub but never got around to it. Picked up a 2015 sub off a buddy as it goes into the cubby and wouldn't take up more of my trunk area.

Problem is the 2012 sub has simply two wires if memory serves right and the 2015 sub has 8 wires going into it.

Is the 2015 one tied into the canbus system or have a built in amp? Any way to make it work the way it is?
I’m wondering if anyone ever got this to work, and if so, how? I’ve got an ‘09 Sahara and hate the sub location.

Quick Reply: Making the 2015+ floor sub work in a 2012 JK