Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

May be a stupid question, but how do I wire a kill switch for the stock infinity sub?

Old 11-02-2013, 12:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default May be a stupid question, but how do I wire a kill switch for the stock infinity sub?

I got the sub open last night to stuff it with polyfill hoping that it would lessen the low rumbling that happens with a lot of music and talk radio I listen to. Didnt work, so...I want to install a kill switch that disconnects the sub for most of what I listen to. I know that I could just disconnect the sub's wiring behind it (I did that for a while), but I want a switch so I can turn it on to listen to some songs that go well with the sub.

I have absolutely no experience with subs and was surprised to see two sets of wires (channels?) going to the speaker.... so.... how should I go about installing a kill switch? Use a double pull single throw switch and wire it to both positive wires?

Last edited by Dirtymoney; 11-02-2013 at 03:31 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turn down the bass on the head unit?
Old 11-02-2013, 05:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ballsdeep
X2 on that, in fact it's probably turned all the way up if it sounds like that.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

X3 you want it at neutral or just slightly above depending on the music you listen to.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ballsdeep
I already have it down near the lowest setting. (..*......|.........)

I do want a little bass that the front and back speakers provide, but the sub provides way too much. And it is mostly a steady deep "BRRRRRRRRRR" in the background of a lot of songs/talk radio.

When I first got my jeep a month or so ago I had the bass turned all the way down.

Note: I have never owned a sub before. In my last two vehicles (TJ and large ford bronco) I had the front speakers and an old large rockford fosgate full range box (called "box that rocks" BTR-123) in the back.

Last edited by Dirtymoney; 11-02-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Quick Reply: May be a stupid question, but how do I wire a kill switch for the stock infinity sub?