Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Mopar lightbar vibrates very much

Old 07-27-2018, 01:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar lightbar vibrates very much

I have installed a mopar lightbar with a 20 inch ledbar on it. But it vibrates very much.
Anyone a solution for this? As for now it is useless.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:11 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Little more info might be helpful. Presume that the light bar itself is not the issue, that it is on there solid, and you're saying the LED itself is vibrating? Have a picture of your set up? Also presume you have everything nice and tight.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:44 AM
JK Newbie

It is the hole setup. Not the ledbar itself. When I close the backdoor and walk to the front I can see that it vibrates. Or when I just tap against the bar with my hand.

Old 07-27-2018, 11:53 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Just watched a little install video on that unit as I'd not looked at one before. Not criticizing at all, but the weak point seems to be that the bar itself attaches to the bracket via 2 bolts that hold the pieces together. If you put your hand on it and shake it, is there play right there at those joints?

Old 07-27-2018, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

Yes I think you are right about the weak point. But that bolts are tight as possible and I do not see any movement on that spots
But when I tap the bar with my hand it starts to vibrate.

Old 07-27-2018, 12:49 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

I'm definitely no scientist, but I have to think this is going to be a "leverage type" issue for lack of thinking a better term. Basically that the support is so far back, the bar comes so far forward, and that there is no other structural support for it. Most bars you see like this will mount (obviously on an aftermarket bumper) much closer to the front, have a couple points at which they are secured, and/or are much thicker. I'm thinking that bar just can't disperse the bit of energy (vibrations) it's experiencing....so they travel back and forth a bit till the energy dies down. However, if that was the case.....I'd think people would be complaining about this left and right. I've not researched it much, so I'm just thinking out loud.
Old 07-27-2018, 01:21 PM
JK Newbie

That's what I do not understand. I also looked a lot on the internet and I did not see issues with this problem. Everybody should have this problem I think.
Perhaps not so much on the highway but I live at a gravel road
Is the Lightforce itself to heavy? You can put 3 lights on it also so that should be about the same.
Old 07-28-2018, 03:29 AM
JK Freak

Default Lightbar

This lightbar was designed for individual lites that are not connected to each other. The
lite that you installed puts additional tension on the bar. Tying in 2 mounting points and
adding more tension to the aluminum bar. You would have been better off mounting the
lite directly to the bumper with proper mounts to the lite.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:12 AM
JK Newbie

I have checked this by removing the Lighforce lite and tap againts the mopar lightbar again with nothing on it. It gives the same effect. So it seems it is the Mopar light bar itself.

Quick Reply: Mopar lightbar vibrates very much