Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Mopar wiring 7 pins kit (82210214AB ) need reprogramming?

Old 04-29-2015, 03:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar wiring 7 pins kit (82210214AB ) need reprogramming?

Hi guys,

I will replace my 4 pins connector that came with the max tow package (Sahara JKU) for the Mopar 7pins kit.
Same as this one: MOPAR 82210214AB - MOPAR® 7 Way Round Trailer Connector for 07-15 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

I bought it at the dealer, since it was cheaper than everywhere on the internet, 92$ CND... go figure.

The guy at the parts told me that I will probably need a reprogramming to "unlock" the +12V on the harness. He told me too that he always added a reprogramming fee when they sell this kit. I have read many thread on this kit and never heard of this before...

I grabbed the wiring kit and left. Any of you guys using the auxiliary 12V supply on your 7 pins kit? Did you needed to reprogram the ECU ?

I will need the 12V ouput to power my mini-cooler in the pop-up during the vacation. Any way I will find out this week-end, just wanted some thought on that,

Cheers!
Old 04-29-2015, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

I installed one on my 2007. Don't know what the dealer could have unlocked... The kit includes a power and ground wire that go directly to the battery, a brake controller wire to run into the cab and the plug to get the lights from the tail light. Not a lot of chances to interface with the computer.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:02 AM
JK Newbie

Exactly my thought. I will update this week-end when I will install the kit.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:58 PM
Former Member

What a crock of sh-t. It's plug and play. Did it myself years ago now have 4 and 7 pin set up.
But at least now that the dealer has shown his cards and you know not to ever go back there
Program a wiring harness...........oh please.......
I'm currently looking for my 5th dealer because of this kind of incompetent gouging
Old 05-01-2015, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

Hehe yeah exactly. First time in my life that I buys parts from the dealer.... Looks like I was right.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:18 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by CanuckJKU
Hehe yeah exactly. First time in my life that I buys parts from the dealer.... Looks like I was right.
Nothing wrong with buying parts there.....Just don't believe anything they tell you
Old 05-01-2015, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Does the TSC program have trailer sway control from the factory on Jeeps without the max tow package? This is what you need to be asking them and would be the only reason a flash is needed when adding this harness. On my sticker it specifically has trailer sway dampening listed under that package group.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mwtrent
Does the TSC program have trailer sway control from the factory on Jeeps without the max tow package? This is what you need to be asking them and would be the only reason a flash is needed when adding this harness. On my sticker it specifically has trailer sway dampening listed under that package group.

I don't think the Jeeps without the max tow package have the trailer sway control, but not sure. Me too this is what came to my mind. That's why I told him I already has the max tow package. Then he said to me that he "was thinking" the reprogramming was for the 12V ouput.... Anyway from what I can see by 101gargoyles comments, its probably all BS.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought a RR tow kit with wiring harness for like $75. Plug and play. Didn't have to flash it.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cutman
I bought a RR tow kit with wiring harness for like $75. Plug and play. Didn't have to flash it.
Understood; doesn't mean trailer sway control is working as it should. Given the inherent stability our wranglers have I think it's well worth making sure it's working.

Quick Reply: Mopar wiring 7 pins kit (82210214AB ) need reprogramming?