Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Mopar wiring 7 pins kit (82210214AB ) need reprogramming?

Old 05-05-2015, 02:11 AM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trailer sway control is a part of the ABS system the same as ESP. Could be wrong but when listed as part of the tow package they're just stating that sway is taken into account when towing. ESP prevents the Jeep from swaying using controlled single wheel braking whether you have a trailer hooked up or not. But as stated I could be wrong on this.
You also have to question...if the guts of the computer system are already installed, why does it need a flash to turn it on? There's no signal sent from the trailer to the tow vehicle saying 'Hey Fella I'm Here" All your vehicle knows is that it, not a trailer is swaying because at that point they both are. That's what ESP corrects and it will keep trying to find solutions until the swaying stops.
What I have also heard previously is that they want to enter vehicles into the system sold without tow pkg then installing it. Something about future warranty argument defense. Even that wouldn't require a flash because they got your VIN# at the parts counter when you inquired about the part.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 101gargoyles
Trailer sway control is a part of the ABS system the same as ESP. Could be wrong but when listed as part of the tow package they're just stating that sway is taken into account when towing. ESP prevents the Jeep from swaying using controlled single wheel braking whether you have a trailer hooked up or not. But as stated I could be wrong on this. You also have to question...if the guts of the computer system are already installed, why does it need a flash to turn it on? There's no signal sent from the trailer to the tow vehicle saying 'Hey Fella I'm Here" All your vehicle knows is that it, not a trailer is swaying because at that point they both are. That's what ESP corrects and it will keep trying to find solutions until the swaying stops. What I have also heard previously is that they want to enter vehicles into the system sold without tow pkg then installing it. Something about future warranty argument defense. Even that wouldn't require a flash because they got your VIN# at the parts counter when you inquired about the part.
All valid points. Personally, I would just want to make sure is all.

Quick Reply: Mopar wiring 7 pins kit (82210214AB ) need reprogramming?