Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Mr. Kustom Door Ghost Lite (puddle light) HELP!!

Old 04-22-2015, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mr. Kustom Door Ghost Lite (puddle light) HELP!!

Need some quick help with an install.

Purchased a Mr. Kustom Light for my son's 2010 JKU. We want to install it so when the door opens, the lights (logo) turns on. Of course when the door closes, it goes off. First has anyone ever installed such a light? If so, what wires do I tap into? I have read and viewed a million videos and posts but none for the Jeep.

For reference to what I am talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIyVutMeRvc Any and all help very much appreciated!!!
Old 04-22-2015, 05:06 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Miniature gobo light.....haven't seen that one before.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:20 PM
dog
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want the door lights to come on with dome lights (like when unlocking the vehicle, getting in, then fading after the doors are closed), then you might try browsing the wiring diagrams in this thread here.

I'm not sure about tapping into the door-open circuit.
Old 07-14-2017, 01:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is an old thread but has anyone figured out if there is a way to keep all the wiring within the door itself? I was looking to do the same thing. Did you ever find wires inside the door that you could wire into? Or did you have to feed a couple wires though the door strap? I'd like to be able to remove my doors easily still so I'd like to wire everything inside the door if possible. I know I could add a connector at the door strap but it would still be easier if it were all within the door.
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Mr. Kustom Door Ghost Lite (puddle light) HELP!!