Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

My Pioneer AVH-4200NEX with Maestro RR

Old 05-08-2016, 04:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cpellegren
Hide the wires like I did for the mic - I hate showing wires too see my pictures - wire the mic across the dash, up the windshield panel, and hook it right where the stock mic is - no wires show and it fits perfectly. But if not, you can only use your stock microphone for uConnect commands, you cannot use it for calls through the Pioneer Head Unit, or Apple Carplay or Android Auto, you need to use the provided mic.
Got it, thanks! Really considering giving this HU a shot. I tried out the Insane Audio HU and hated it. This one seems like it might be better, the only thing I'm concerned about is the navigation or lack there of especially if I'm in an area with no cell service like on a trail or on the way to a trail.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

So how's the radio working? And does the 4200 have the gauges capability?
Old 05-15-2016, 10:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Geck0Jeep
So how's the radio working? And does the 4200 have the gauges capability?
So far so good. My only minor complaint is that it takes about ~15 seconds to start up, but not that big of a deal.

And yes, it does have gauges. Those work great.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:22 AM
JK Newbie

So far so good. My only minor complaint is that it takes about ~15 seconds to start up, but not that big of a deal. And yes, it does have gauges. Those work great.
Just curious, did you consider the Pioneer NEX unit that has built in nav and if so why did you opt not to go that route?
Old 05-30-2016, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by whisps1
Just curious, did you consider the Pioneer NEX unit that has built in nav and if so why did you opt not to go that route?
I did not, just because I always use apple maps or google maps anyways because of the integrated traffic.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@ Erok - You can still control the fade and balance.

@ JKCOS - not sure, I dont have a problem. Where is your reverse wire from the radio tapped into? 6 speed or Auto?
I have a 6 speed, I tapped into the reverse light on the rightside.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So far so good. My only minor complaint is that it takes about ~15 seconds to start up, but not that big of a deal.

And yes, it does have gauges. Those work great.
Can you elaborate a bit about the gauges feature? According to the info on the Crutchfield site, gauges and vehicle info are NOT available for the Pioneer h/u's.

http://maestro.idatalink.com/compatible-radios

How are you able to make the gauges work?

Thanks!
Frank
Old 06-30-2016, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is a great write up, I am actually installing mine this weekend. Also went with the 4200nex. You can purchase the nav add on for the 4200, I'm going to add it on after a couple months, this way I don't sent the wife into ballistic mode $$$ lol!

Last edited by ikaros; 06-30-2016 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:10 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the great write-up. I just installed this same setup in my '15 Wrangler Rubicon. Everything works great, even the gauges. The only problem I had was the 40-EU10 antenna adapter didn't work for me. I don't use FM anyway, so no big deal for me. My Maestro unit came with a ODBII connector that I just had to plug in. No splicing required.
Android Auto works great.
I added the Esky EC180-19 backup camera as well. Mounts up really nice on my spare tire license plate mount.
Sound is much better than factory. Great upgrade!
Old 07-07-2016, 11:00 AM
JK Newbie

Default Watch out for thieves. :(

Looks great..I put the AVH-4000NEX in my 2010 Rubi a couple of years ago and just had it ripped out on Monday at a local parking lot. Getting the 4200 as a replacement...looking forward to seeing some of the upgrades.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5136.JPG
Views:	987
Size:	261.4 KB
ID:	651827Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5137.JPG
Views:	1166
Size:	270.4 KB
ID:	651828

Quick Reply: My Pioneer AVH-4200NEX with Maestro RR