Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

My Pioneer AVH-4200NEX with Maestro RR

Old 12-29-2017, 02:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2300nex

This thread is getting old but still incredibly valuable to me, some great info here! I just had the Pioneer 2300nex installed in my 2012 unlimited and the only two things I am bummed about are the loss of the fader and the steering controls on the left are not identical to the factory. The up and down toggle within the presets and the button scans forward in the channels. I am almost exclusively on Sirius radio these days and the six presets just dont cover the breadth of channels I listen to. Factory settings were up and down tuning and button was toggle through presets and I miss that functionality.

OK, the question is, first is the steering wheel control issue a programming thing that can be fixed within the 2300 itself? If not, does the Mistro thing get me black to factory functionality and will it bring the fader back?
From reading the thread, it sounds like the Mistro gets installed deep in the belly so probably another significant labor charge on top of parts if I add it now?

Thanks guys, these forums really help educate, just joined this one and wish I checked here before buying, I hate do overs!
Old 04-25-2018, 04:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AVH-4200 won’t turn on.

Well I’m an idiot. I was fixing my power wire on the back, and while the wires were connected, but still exposed I sneezed and the wire must have hit a ground, and shorted out. The radio turned off, and won’t turn again. All the fuses on the car looked fine, and so did the fuse on the back of the head unit. Any ideas on something I missed, or a way it tell if the headunit went bad?

Thanks

Quick Reply: My Pioneer AVH-4200NEX with Maestro RR