Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Mygig on '12 Freedom Edition?

Old 08-04-2012, 08:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mygig on '12 Freedom Edition?

I just bought a 2012 Jeep wrangler unlimted freedom edition. It has Sirius and uconnect without the Nav. Want to upgrade to a Nav. Found the MyGIG RHB (sn P05064829AG) on ebay...can anyone confirm if this will work on my jeep and if so, will it require any other parts? Also, for those that dont know the answer, but are considering replying with "aftermarket is better/cheaper", would love any compatible specific model recommendations.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 08-04-2012, 08:48 AM
JK Newbie

Provided it is "high speed", which I believe it is, this is a plug and play upgrade. Just pull the old radio out, swap cables to the new radio and put it back together. You will have to go to the SIRIUS web site and change radio ID's to get the new radio to work. The nav uses the same antenna as the SIRIUS. Easy plug and play upgrrade.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:18 PM
JK Newbie

Are you planning on selling your old unit, if so I might be interested.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nacxxx
Are you planning on selling your old unit, if so I might be interested.
I just did this yes the part number will work just swap it out. Your gonna have trouble transferring that years sirius though. Sirius will tell you it is a free trail and cant be taken off the unit the car came with. Eventhough your sticker says you paid $195 for that 1 year of Sirius Siirus swears its free.

I just did this and this is the only problem I m having is with sirius.

ALso the part you listed the part for a 10 (05064829ag) will work eventhough there is a newer part number for 11-12..

oh and why i quoted the other reponse is I got mine for sale on ebay.. search no-navi res130

make sure you do the update downloadable in another thread to make the travel link work and as far as aftermarket thats just not worth it in my opinion.

Last edited by ccuchris; 08-11-2012 at 06:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Mygig on '12 Freedom Edition?