Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MYGIG - Gracenote DB Update

Old 01-04-2008, 06:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Al
Sorry for the misinformation, the update did recognize the new Kid Rock CD from October but didn’t recognize the new Dave Matthews Band CD Live at Piedmont Park which is understandable since it just came out in December.
Did you get the tour sampler that came with Dave @ Piedmont?
Old 01-04-2008, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

For what it's worth to anyone else, I did install this update today with no problems. It took about 20 minutes.

MyGig now recognizes the Eagle's new album, "Long Road Out Of Eden", when I use the "import from disk" option. It wasn't able to recognize it before the update. I think that album was released in Nov '07.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:35 AM
JK Newbie

Can someone verify that all the files contained in the .ZIP file should be off the root of the CD/USB Drive? There's suppose to be no folder structure, right?
Old 01-04-2008, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by castle228
Can someone verify that all the files contained in the .ZIP file should be off the root of the CD/USB Drive? There's suppose to be no folder structure, right?
There is suppose to be folder structure.

You should have a folder and a single file in the root of the cd.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SpinningBull
Following in the footsteps of KTrash, lazerpunk and I bring you ver 881 of the gracenote DB.

http://www.spinningbull.com/files/gndb.zip

CAUTION: This file is huge, you will need to burn it to DVD or get a 1G USB key to transfer it to your MyGIG.

applying this update is much like the software update posted by ktrash on this site.

1. Download the zip
2. uzip to a directory on your system.
3. Burn the txt file and the directory (GNDB) onto a DVD
4. Pop it in your mygig, and select update.
5. enjoy new music with song titles.
SpinningBull, you are THE man.

My old outdated gracenote database was driving me nuts
Old 01-04-2008, 12:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Will a 1gb memory stick work just as well? I am downloading the update as we speak. Let me know if I can do it this way
Andrew
Old 01-04-2008, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SFD1248Unlimited
Will a 1gb memory stick work just as well? I am downloading the update as we speak. Let me know if I can do it this way
Andrew
I tried using a usb memory stick when I installed the last MyGig update and it didn't work so I doubt the Gracenotes update would be any different. Burn it to DVD.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:16 PM
JK Newbie

I tried burning the gracenotes update to a 4.7GB DVD and the shiate didn't work. The damn thing told media the media was unreadable/unrecognized.

I don't think the USB drive works for either the gracenotes/MyGig OS update. I think they both must be burned to a CD/DVD.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by castle228
I tried burning the gracenotes update to a 4.7GB DVD and the shiate didn't work. The damn thing told media the media was unreadable/unrecognized.

I don't think the USB drive works for either the gracenotes/MyGig OS update. I think they both must be burned to a CD/DVD.
Like Spinningbull says, you probably do have to make sure the DVD is closed out or "finalized" so that it can't be written to again. MyGig probably doesn't recognize DVD's that are still "open". It could also be the quality of DVD you are using.

I used Nero and a Office Depot DVD and chose the option to make a "data" DVD.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:32 PM
JK Newbie

Can anyone that has gotten the update to work let me know what screen prompts you got? I have been trying to get the update to install for about 45 minutes now and all I get is a "reading .... " prompt. Nothing else, and the disc will not eject ... grrrr

Quick Reply: MYGIG - Gracenote DB Update