Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MYGIG - Gracenote DB Update

Old 02-03-2008, 07:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Possible Corrupted file on spinningbull website

SpinningBull, I downloaded the large file from your website as instructed. When I went to unzip it I got the error message for gndb.zip that "the compressed (zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted. I am using windows XP/
Casey. Did I do something wrong or do I need to get a fresh copy somewhere else?
Old 02-03-2008, 10:07 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by casey00001
SpinningBull, I downloaded the large file from your website as instructed. When I went to unzip it I got the error message for gndb.zip that "the compressed (zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted. I am using windows XP/
Casey. Did I do something wrong or do I need to get a fresh copy somewhere else?
I encountered the same error; I figured that maybe it was on my end so I downloaded it again numerous times, and still encountered the same error with each download. I used a more powerful zip tool than what is bundled with XP and managed to unzip the file; I was still given an error message “file is broken” but did manage to get the correct files on a DVD; I was hoping that maybe it was just a Windows thing so I went ahead and attempted the update in the MyGig.

The MyGig seemed to accept the files just fine and the install was completed without error; it updated to the new version number so I thought I was golden. This is until I put a CD in and all hell broke loose; not only did no album info appear, but the MyGig just started locking up and rebooting itself, all of the other MyGig functions still work fine as long as I don’t insert a CD into the drive…

I have been around long enough to know better; I should have never installed the program with the knowledge that some of the files might be corrupted, so I have nobody to blame but myself! I see others have downloaded, and updated theirs without problems. So, my feelings are that it must be my Windows for whatever reason is corrupting the file when I download it, or the file on the server had indeed been corrupted in some way.

Regardless, just so we are clear on the matter. I am in no way blaming anyone else but myself. I should have asked the same question that you are asking instead of trying to force the update. I am just hoping that I can get my problems resolved at this point…

I have contacted the original source that provided SpinningBull with the update and he has graciously offered to send me the original update disc on Monday. I am hoping this will correct my issues. I will let all know if I am successful or not!
Old 02-07-2008, 04:33 PM
JK Freak

Just a little update; I got around to installing the update tonight and all is good... I now have GN ver.881 and it recognized my newest cd and everything seems to be functioning as normal. Big thanks again to LazerPunk for helping a fellow JK owner out...
Old 03-09-2008, 05:36 AM
JK Newbie

Hello everyone 'm new,
I'm Italian and sorry if I do not write very well in English.

I have a gnupdate on indecision, I would like to know if I change the European maps with the or US if it is an update simila to NTG4_9.561?

At the time of installation tells me:
"Update from 518 to US-8.81?"

The gnupdate I can equip European or is just an update to the US?

really tanks
Old 03-11-2008, 01:19 AM
JK Newbie

Privacy

Last edited by dstudwell; 10-18-2016 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Privacy
Old 03-11-2008, 04:09 PM
eunice3

Default 2GIG stick

Good Evening Everyone!

Has anyone tried to update from a memory stick?
Old 03-12-2008, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cant update via usb yet
Old 04-10-2019, 04:04 AM
JK Newbie

Wake up old thread...
Modern update?

Quick Reply: MYGIG - Gracenote DB Update