Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Mygig with Lockpick and camera questions

Old 11-06-2011, 03:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mygig with Lockpick and camera questions

I ordered a 2012 JKU with a stock radio. One of the first mods I plan to perform is to install a RBZ Mygig touchscreen radio with a lockpick. I want to install a rear view and front view camera, but wasn't sure exactly how it would work. I found a video on youtube showing that the rear view camera comes on when you shift into reverse and the front view camera comes on below 7mph, but in the video I saw the radio was in tv mode. Will the system automatically switch to these camera modes even if you are in radio mode or playing a CD, or does it have to be in tv mode for it to switch automatically?

Thanks in advance,

Nick
Old 11-06-2011, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Pretty sure you need the lock pick in order to make this work. Auto switching to cameras is selectable. I have reverse automatic but forward manual. If you have a standard trans it'll always show forward if you park in gear...
Old 11-06-2011, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

With the lockpick, does it automatically switch while listening to the radio, or does it need to be in TV mode to switch automatically?
Old 11-06-2011, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Options

With the lockpick you can set the system to activate automatically (in reverse or below 7mph) or turn the camera on to stay on. Once you get it installed it will only take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the system. It's a good system. I am planning on adding a front view camera. PM me if you have any other questions. Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Old 11-06-2011, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies. I think I am going to go ahead and pull the trigger on the Lockpick. I will probably order it soon so that I have it when my Jeep arrives.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ngiovas
Thanks for the replies. I think I am going to go ahead and pull the trigger on the Lockpick. I will probably order it soon so that I have it when my Jeep arrives.
You will not regret buying it, one of the best early mods for the money that you can do.
Hint for wire routing, I ran the rear cam wire up through a plugged hole in the jack compartment. Not that I have a jack in there any more, what with a hi-lift and all. Then up behind the sub and under the carpet along the passenger side all the way to under the glove box, which is where I zip-tied the CHR550 unit itself.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Merlin75. I ordered the rear camera tonight and hope to order the Lockpick tonight or tomorrow. I haven't decided which front camera I want to use yet. My goal is to keep the cameras as hidden/protected as possible. I don't want people to notice the cameras when they look at the Jeep.

I didn't want to start ordering other mods like tires, bumpers, etc. until I have driven the Jeep for a while. Then I am sure I will want to spend lots more money .

Quick Reply: Mygig with Lockpick and camera questions