Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Need electrical help! Not TIPM

Old 06-11-2019, 03:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need electrical help! Not TIPM

I have some electrical issues 2011 jk i thought were being caused by a failed TIPM but after replacing it the exact issues still remain and i am at a loss.
Issues are:
Headlight on but cannot turn them off
Wipers stuck on but washer pump not working
Nothing on my steering wheel works except cruise
No turn signals
Traction control light is the only warning light on
No codes or other lights

Any ideas? Im all out of them.

Last edited by Michael Paul; 06-11-2019 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Headlights, wipers and turn signals sound like the multifunction switch is bad. The no buttons on the steering wheel and trction control light sound like clockspring. The cruise working with the traction control light on is just plain weird. When my clockspring broke and the tc light was on, cruise would not even come on.

Did your steering column get wet or something?
Old 06-12-2019, 06:30 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the insight. Just found out the clockspring is under recall so I booked it in for that and will wait to see if that fixes anything. As far as getting wet I get caught in the rain here in florida quite often with my top down and doors off. Not sure what the multifunction switch is but will do some research into it. Just cant see it being multiple issues due to everything happening at the exact same moment?
Old 06-12-2019, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Paul
Thanks for the insight. Just found out the clockspring is under recall so I booked it in for that and will wait to see if that fixes anything. As far as getting wet I get caught in the rain here in florida quite often with my top down and doors off. Not sure what the multifunction switch is but will do some research into it. Just cant see it being multiple issues due to everything happening at the exact same moment?
It's your turn signal stalk
Old 07-03-2019, 12:33 PM
JK Newbie

Clock spring needs replacing.

Quick Reply: Need electrical help! Not TIPM