Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New CHR 550 Lockpick install

Old 02-28-2011, 11:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New CHR 550 Lockpick install

Need a little help. Pulled my old Lockpick out to install the latest version. Step 2 tells me to unplug the white connector from the back of my MyGig radio and install the lockpick harness. Problem is, there is no white connector plugged into the back of my radio. I thought possibly it had been tucked away in the dash somewhere, but I have torn apart my Jeep looking for this mysterious white connector. ANY help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I installed mine last week and it didn't have the white connector from the factory either. I believe that the white connector is for the factory entertainment system found in other vehicles. I still plugged the white connector from the lock pick into the mygig so that the video sources attached to it will display on the head unit. Be sure to turn on and test your mygig before putting the dash back together. I had issues with some of my speakers not working due to bent pins in the harness. Easy to fix, but wish I had checked before putting the dash back together.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:32 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the help. You got back to me way quicker than the Lockpick guy.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:10 PM
JK Newbie

I just put mine in today too, I don't think the wranglers have the white plugs, mine didn't either.

Not to hijack totally, but I'm having the speaker issue too. Where were the wires bent on yours? This seems to be a common issue.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PsychobillyToys
I just put mine in today too, I don't think the wranglers have the white plugs, mine didn't either.

Not to hijack totally, but I'm having the speaker issue too. Where were the wires bent on yours? This seems to be a common issue.
No the wires weren't bent but a few of the pins in the connector were. It took a few attempts and some adjusting of the pins to get everything to seat right.

Quick Reply: New CHR 550 Lockpick install