Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

No bus & dead dash

Old 08-24-2017, 08:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No bus & dead dash

So I have seen a good number of posts about the "no bus" error in the odometer. Well, I had it...I am not very mechanical so I had to hire someone. He worked on it and started to diagnose. Here is everything he did to troubleshoot:

Checked wiring in dash and didn't find any shorts anywhere on voltage meter
Checked stereo - no shorts
Checked ABS module - no gunk or water
Checked fuses - nothing blown or loose

What next? I ordered a new TIPM as a "just in case". Is it more likely the TIPM or the cluster itself?

Only background I can provide is that last week the dash acted funny. Quick Google search suggested IOD fuse. So I changed it (I am at least that handy) and it fixed. This week I made an abrupt move and hit brakes to avoid a GREAT San Antonio driver (haha!) and 30 seconds later the "no bus' lit up my world.

I know this has been posted before in various forums. If you have a great board for me to look at, please post it, I will read but need help, please!
Old 08-19-2018, 01:28 PM
JK Newbie

Have you found a solution?

My 17 JK got drenched Friday night and I've had the "no bus" code since.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:58 AM
JK Newbie

Angry

please delete i don't have that option available, tnx.

Last edited by jeepgirl6; 09-06-2018 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-27-2021, 04:15 PM
JK Newbie

Default No Bus fix

I had this problem and discovered an aftermarket radio was installed. The CRUX radio replacement module went out and was my problem.
i unplugged the radio and the Jeep went back to normal. Plugged back in and it seemed possessed again. Unplugged a second time back to normal.
I hope this helps someone. I fought this for weeks looked threw many many post. Finally got it with no dealerships.

Quick Reply: No bus & dead dash