Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Only Driver's Side High Beam Works!

Old 10-14-2018, 01:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,
Did anyone identify a fix for the intermittent passenger side brights? I've upgraded to the LX LED lights with halo (the kit with halo LED fog lights that seemed to have the best overall reviews on Amazon for 'budget lights') and everything is perfect apart from this intermittent problem with the PAX high beam (bright) that sometimes works perfect, other times doesn't come on and other times will cut out all of the lights in that pod... it's really spasmodic and hard to track since I can go out and it'll work / test 100% fine all of the time, then I'll go for a drive and it'll play up! I've switched out the unit 3 times and always have the same prob. The anti-flicker harness is built in to the unit, but since I've tried three units I'm pretty sure it's not the pod quality, it must be something to do with the rig. Driver side perfect. Cheers, W
Old 10-16-2018, 12:18 AM
JK Newbie

Most of the people are switching to LEDs... also LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) have been replacing incandescent bulbs as original equipment on new vehicles... Visit to give a try ledoutfitters.com
Old 10-20-2020, 06:07 AM
JK Newbie

Hey all, just checking to see if anyone found an answer to the pass side high beam out issue. My 2008 Rubicon w/LEDs is experiencing the same thing. I hooked up the OEM bulb back onto the OEM connector and it's out too. So I'm assuming I'll need to trace back to TIPM C3 output connector and the white/grey high beam wire.
Let me know please as this is a PITA!
Old 08-01-2021, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OEM plug not completely connected

I had similar issue but it was drivers side lamp. Thought it was cheap LEDs, but after replacing with new Halo’s, same issue. TLDR; I found the factory connection to the aftermarket plug was not connected (snapped in securely) and once corrected, no issues. FYI - the halo still worked, which is what through me off. The red clip that keeps it locked in was broken (pre-me owning). So secured it, then wrapped with electrical tape (for now).

Quick Reply: Only Driver's Side High Beam Works!