Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Optima Yellow-top 2012 Sport

Old 09-19-2015, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It must be a 2012 thing I too just replaced mine. I found all the same research you did. I ended up with the Odyssey pc1220. I have height restrictions because that is where I put my winch silonod on top of the battery.
Old 09-20-2015, 01:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2013 battery did that last week...I noticed she seemed a little sluggish when starting...even commented to my wife I was gonna need a new battery soon...few days later at work she wouldn't start...I was saving up of an Odyssey...or North Star...but being stuck at work...I needed up with the Advance Auto Autocraft Platinum AGM fits like stock and seems to have same or better specs as the Optima yellowtop, Diehard, and Odyssey...with coupon it was heck of a lot less $$ than the others...
Old 09-20-2015, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is what it looks shoe horned in. It too fits like stock. Very happy with it so far.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1323161588.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	519.0 KB
ID:	624997  
Old 07-28-2018, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default 3 year update...

Originally Posted by rdavi
It must be a 2012 thing I too just replaced mine. I found all the same research you did. I ended up with the Odyssey pc1220. I have height restrictions because that is where I put my winch silonod on top of the battery.

So I'm 2 months shy of three years on this battery. I left the jeep ideal for 3 weeks. Came back to a dead battery, Trickle charged it, jumped it, even called AAA to tow me out of my uphill driveway (funny story there... But not for this update) Battery fully dead, removed it and brought it into 4Wheelparts where I bought it from and learned it was 2 months shy of my 3 year warranty, so after they tested it over night I got a free replacement. I can't blame the battery fully, my original battery died early as well, I may have a phantom drain that is causing issues. But thought I would update the forum.

Quick Reply: Optima Yellow-top 2012 Sport