JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/)
-   -   OTRATTW Switches (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/otrattw-switches-236793/)

Flexer07 05-14-2013 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Flexer07 (Post 3553518)

Where did you get switches

I may not be looking in the right place but the switches I see on the website run up and down instead of side ways

bobholthaus 05-14-2013 05:44 PM

Email Jim. He will do anything you want. You just need to tell him. He can do basically any combo of words or logos on either dude or top or bottom.

njbeachrat 11-19-2013 04:09 PM

Anyone try to tap into the dimmable door lock wire at the door or at the center stack power windows for the 12v switched wire? enough for 6 dual lit switches?

Bxjk 11-20-2013 07:18 AM

I just tapped into the AC dimmable wire to hook up LEDs for under my Mygig unit as well as on top of AC control knobs. In total I ran 8 LEDs off of this wire. If your looking for the wire it's in the bundle all the way to the right of the AC controls and is an orange wire with gray tracer. Hope this helps

WikedLizard 11-20-2013 08:38 AM

Great switch ideas here. Love the jeep icons. Might have to borrow that idea.

njbeachrat 11-22-2013 01:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Finally found some time to rewire the spod.
I tapped into the HVAC dimmer switch (the small black plug - orange/gray wire top row second from the right).

First picture is dimmed to the lowest
Attachment 512429

Second picture is brightest the switches go
Attachment 512430

Third picture is with every switch activated
Attachment 512432

lysol 12-31-2013 07:22 AM

For the guys worrying about the blue LEDs being too bright, did you tap into the a dimmer source? If so, were they still too bright?

Also, couldn't one just wire in a resistor inline with the blue LED wire to make them all a little dimmer?

Vladimer 05-06-2014 06:13 PM

Might as well bring this back up as it has a lot of good information in this thread.

Couple questions though.

I have 4 switches I am wiring, all are going to relays. Can I run the fused switched power/dimmer/ground/wire to relay on 20awg?

Also... to get the dimmer working. I have to connect the 12volt to the 12 volt AND have the dimmer connected to a dimming circuit right?... in other words, not the dimmer circuit only..

Vladimer 05-11-2014 06:09 AM

I got them hooked up and it looks AWESOME. Dims perfectly and just waiting on 4 more to come in for the A-Pillar.

Originally Posted by augichef (Post 3401722)
Attachment 415009

8=dash light wire
7&6=ground wire
3=accessory/relay
2=power wire

This is how I got mine hooked up..

Should mention for anyone going through the thread, I saw the picture and went along with that wiring diagram. Didn't work for me. Someone posted another wiring setup which worked. 7 & 8 are ground, and 6 is for the dimmer. Rest were correct.

Mangrove Mafia 05-21-2014 05:42 PM

How is everyone tapping into either the dimmable or constant power wire to light the switch? Just a Tapcon thing?