Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

passenger airbag removal

Old 03-26-2017, 12:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question passenger airbag removal

I'm replacing the heater core on my 2011 jk and I am at wit's end on how to remove the passenger air bag. Unlike the 2007 there is no hidden screw on top. I have all the plastic clips unclipped and something is holding it in the center. I can see the 4 bolts that bolt the airbag in and they move when I move the plastic cover. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default found it

A shout out to Justin Williams and his YouTube video on removing the 2007 jeep jk airbag. He had a highly visible plastic cap that when removed exposes a 13mm nut. I looked, and looked, and looked for 3 days and 3 nights to find something similar on my 2011. As I flexed the heck out of the cover I noticed a patch of vent material along the window that was unlike the rest. Using a flashlight from outside the window I was able to pry it up and out and voila, there was the 13mm nut. All I can say is I pity the dang fool who has to put it back in :-)

Quick Reply: passenger airbag removal