Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

q lites led not working on high beam

Old 02-16-2016, 04:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default q lites led not working on high beam

New to the forums. Have a quick question. I just installed the Quadratec LED headlights with the built in anti flicker harness and the passenger side high beam doesn't work. When I hit the switch the passenger side flashes on and then the whole light shuts down completely. Anyone else have this issue on a 2007 JKU?
Old 02-16-2016, 08:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did you use electric grease?
Disconnected and use some electrical grease that will fix your problem

Fixed my truck lites like that
Old 02-17-2016, 07:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by army8300
New to the forums. Have a quick question. I just installed the Quadratec LED headlights with the built in anti flicker harness and the passenger side high beam doesn't work. When I hit the switch the passenger side flashes on and then the whole light shuts down completely. Anyone else have this issue on a 2007 JKU?
I had the same issue with some LED's I purchase. The problem comes from the H13 plug used from the factory that the anti-flicker was not seating in all the way and would not click into the plug. Check to be sure they are properly seated and do not wiggle. If that's the case, then tie wrap them or trim back slightly the H13 plug to allow to seat.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:26 PM
JK Newbie

I tried both the electrical grease and removed both headlights and reseated all plugs and still have the issue with the passenger side headlight on high beam. I will try quadratec tomorrow.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I tried both the electrical grease and removed both headlights and reseated all plugs and still have the issue with the passenger side headlight on high beam. I will try quadratec tomorrow.
LEDs are good and working it bad and not working lost be a connection problem
Old 02-18-2016, 03:48 AM
JK Newbie

I know you are going to contact quadratec but I would try the passenger headlight on the drivers side to see if you get the same results. This would definitely rule out an issue with the electrical on the passenger side and also let quadratec know.
good luck and let us know the outcome.
Old 02-18-2016, 02:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I had the same issue with my truck lites. I just cut the H13 connector off and solidered the wires together. Never to come apart again.
Old 02-19-2016, 01:38 PM
JK Newbie

I contacted quadratec yesterday and they sent me a new light that I received today. Sunday I'm going to take the grill apart again and swap everything out. I'll keep you posted. On another note I ordered the bushwacker fender flares and did not receive the inner parts for the front. I contacted Quadratec and I was told it was going to be covered under the warranty and I received the notice that the parts shipped out the same day, should be here tomorrow. Excellent service over there.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

Default Follow-up

I contacted quadratec yesterday and they sent me a new light that I received today. Sunday I'm going to take the grill apart again and swap everything out. I'll keep you posted. On another note I ordered the bushwacker fender flares and did not receive the inner parts for the front. I contacted Quadratec and I was told it was going to be covered under the warranty and I received the notice that the parts shipped out the same day, should be here tomorrow. Excellent service over there.
Army, any luck with the swapout? I'm having the exact same issue (passenger light high beam out with Quadratec LED headlights). I took my Jeep to a shop and they found the TIPM was full of "HIGH BEAM CURRENT HIGH" error codes. Basically, the system shuts down the headlight because it thinks there is a fault and enables the circuit protection system. I had Quadratec warranty out a new set of pulse width modulators too, but I'm curious if doing a swapout actually solved the problem before I dive in there myself.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:17 PM
JK Newbie

The swap out did the same thing. They ended up sending me an adapter that bypassed the anti flicker module. I installed it on the passenger side and the high beams work. I haven't noticed any flicker yet.

Quick Reply: q lites led not working on high beam