Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

q lites led not working on high beam

Old 03-19-2016, 07:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased Q LED Lights back in Oct 2015 and haven't had time to deal with the same issue. I experimented with mine and noticed both high beams will come on and stay on if the ignition is started when the high beams are selected but once the low beam is switch the problem comes back. Any other work-a-rounds out there beside removing the anti-flicker?
Old 03-23-2016, 04:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by army8300
The swap out did the same thing. They ended up sending me an adapter that bypassed the anti flicker module. I installed it on the passenger side and the high beams work. I haven't noticed any flicker yet.
Do you have the part # for the bypass adapter?
Old 03-24-2016, 05:53 AM
JK Newbie

Pigtail harness H4 to H13
Old 03-24-2016, 06:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dadunkindude
I took my Jeep to a shop and they found the TIPM was full of "HIGH BEAM CURRENT HIGH" error codes.
That is an informational code only. It will always be present if you have LEDs installed. At least on my Jeep it's always present and the LEDs lights work fine. Not all code readers pick up informational codes so some people won't see them with their readers.

Last edited by 14Sport; 03-24-2016 at 06:20 AM.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Post #10 is correct, at least for my 2007 JK. Its nice to know that being in an imperfect world, there is a company Quadratec that backs up their parts. When I called the agent on the phone wasn't familiar with this issue but was more than happy to send out the pigtail harness item # 97009 8900 for no charge. My high beam issue is resolved
Old 04-02-2016, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

The replacement set of modulators worked for me and solved my issue, I only replaced the one on the passenger side and both are working. I know some people only have a modulator on one side, I have modulators on both.

As an installation note, (I have an '07) if you remove the power steering bottle, then pull up on the bottom of the air box (no bolts, it just snaps into the base) to remove it, you can reach the passenger headlight way easier without having to pull the grill off.

Well keep this thread bookmarked in case they start acting up so I have the part # for the pigtail.
Old 04-19-2016, 05:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK2WAY
When I called the agent on the phone wasn't familiar with this issue but was more than happy to send out the pigtail harness item # 97009 8900 for no charge.
Well, unfortunately my issue has returned, after working for awhile the passenger headlight is now going back out when the high beams are turned on. I talked to Quadratec and gave them that part #, but they weren't able to locate it. I gave them this link to review to show I wasn't the only one having the problem and the tech turned it over to R&D. The ball is in R&D's court to come up with a solution and then the customer service tech will get back to me. I'll follow up in a week or so if I don't hear back before then.
Old 09-05-2016, 01:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dadunkindude
Well, unfortunately my issue has returned, after working for awhile the passenger headlight is now going back out when the high beams are turned on. I talked to Quadratec and gave them that part #, but they weren't able to locate it. I gave them this link to review to show I wasn't the only one having the problem and the tech turned it over to R&D. The ball is in R&D's court to come up with a solution and then the customer service tech will get back to me. I'll follow up in a week or so if I don't hear back before then.
I have the same issue but with different brand LEDs, though they could be the same just unbranded. Any fix on this yet?
Old 09-05-2016, 12:25 PM
JK Newbie

As I posted back in April, Quadtech sent me a Pigtail bypass harness H4 to H13 for JK (this eliminates the PWM Pulse Width Modulation unit that comes with the Quadtech headlight kit). I installed this bypass loom on the passenger side only about 4 months ago and the issue has not come back, however mine is not driven daily, its mostly driven off-road on weekends. Time will tell. Good luck to you and keep on Jeepin...
Old 09-26-2016, 10:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks JK2WAY. My problem was solved by removing the looms altogether and plugging the lights directly into the existing sockets.

Quick Reply: q lites led not working on high beam