Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Question about light bar bracket bolts

Old 02-08-2018, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Question about light bar bracket bolts

Ok, I'm sitting here and my JK is outside encrusted in ice, and I'm looking to install my 52" light bar and bracket this weekend.

Question is this, I have a two light pillar bracket similar to this - https://www.quadratec.com/p/pro-comp...ep-wrangler-jk

and the full pillar bracket to mount the bar similar to this - https://www.quadratec.com/p/zroadz/f...ep-wrangler-jk

Are the bolts long enough or do I need new hardware??

Thx!
Old 02-08-2018, 06:19 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,823 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Those bolts can be really finicky. From my experience, they are typically just long enough to allow the width of the 50" bracket. Adding the a-pillar pod bracket on top of it will probably require a new bolt, but could be really close. I will tell you.....definitely don't want to strip the threads on the nut inside the windshield. Just be very careful. I would probably pick up a couple bolts from Ace or another hardware store that are 1/4" or so longer, and hit the heads with some rattle can black so they blend in.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

I actually had 2 bolts that were barely too short when installing mine. The quick fix is to steal 2 of the hardtop bolts and use the shorter ones for the hardtop until you pick up some new ones.

Quick Reply: Question about light bar bracket bolts