Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Question re stock sound system

Old 07-02-2017, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question re stock sound system

From reading threads, I get the impression that the front and sound bar speakers are the same, but the amp reduces the input to the sound bar, so it's always quieter. Would it be possible to rewire so the front speakers get the sound bar signal and the sound bar speakers get the front signal?
If so, would the sound bar speakers be just as loud as the fronts were before the exchange?
Also if so, could anyone explain where I rewire it?

The why: I have a 13 ft long 8 ft tall T-Rex costume I wear at kid's parties. My Jeep is part of the marketing, and I've moved the sound bar speakers to the back pillars. When I drive around pulling the trailer with the T-Rex in it, I blast Jurassic Park music out the back speakers, but it's much weaker than if I blast the front speakers. I'd rather have the louder sound come out of the back speakers.

Thanks y'all!!

Quick Reply: Question re stock sound system